    Your help on this will be greatly appreciated.

    (I posted this on another group as I did not know this group existed)
    Patrick

    RedRover, Dec 16, 2004

  2. RedRover

    Malke Guest

    He can just buy a wireless access point (WAP) and attach it to the
    router. It would probably be sensible to buy the same brand (Netgear)
    WAP so the default network address will be the same subnet. You don't
    mention how many computers he has, but even 4 or 5 should have no
    problem connecting wirelessly with the WAP.

    He won't change any of the settings on the wired router; he'll just set
    up the WAP to have a non-default SSID and use encryption.

    Malke

    Malke, Dec 16, 2004

  3. RedRover

    RedRover Guest