    Kentish Guest

    Do you know if there is a virus that specifically attacks and infects
    routers?

    Kentish, Jul 15, 2005

  2. Kentish

    Mike Fields Guest

    Not aware of any, but that does not mean much, HOWEVER,
    remember that unlike windoze machines where everybody is
    using the same OS, different routers use different OS's --
    most of the newer Linksys stuff runs on Linux I believe (and
    you can go to their site and download the source code for the
    router if you are interested since it is open source). For a
    number of the Linksys routers, you can even download third
    party versions of the firmware. This would make it pretty
    tough to find a consistent way to screw it up. Far easier to
    just hack the windoze machines ...

    mikey

    Mike Fields, Jul 15, 2005