    inferior and why? All feedback is greatly appreciated.

    Thank you!

    -Ed

    Ed Simmons, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Ed Simmons

    nrf Guest

    I think a far better question is, with used Cisco gear being so darn cheap
    these days, why bother using a simulator? Seriously, how much are you
    really going to save?

    nrf, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Ed Simmons

    Guan Foo Wah Guest

    If you are getting those simulators, then prepare to deal with the software
    bugs. Simulators can only simulate a number set of features and you can only
    learn that much. With real routers, you definetely can get more.

    --
    In these days of computer viruses, asking if you may put your disk into
    someone's computer is the technological equivalent of unsafe sex.

    Guan Foo Wah, Dec 23, 2003
  4. They are crap - forget it. Tell your employer to stop being such a tight
    arse and buy you a router. Gee, you can get one for only a few hundred
    bucks.
    BSOF

    Balin, Son of Fundin, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Ed Simmons

    Elricsfate Guest

    That would depend on what you mean. I got the Cisco router simulator from
    my teacher as part of the class. So, free, as a percentage of any amount of
    money, is a pretty good savings. Unless this simulator is a poor substitute
    for some more complex and feature filled simulator available somewhere, at a
    price. Please advise.

    Elric

    Elricsfate, Dec 25, 2003