  1. Stephen Thomas Cole

    polygonum Guest

    Is the phone mandatory?

    polygonum, Dec 13, 2014

  2. Stephen Thomas Cole

    Mr Pounder Guest

    I suspected that they would load the B/B but not to that extent.
    I watch very little TV and don't really know what FTA etc is all about.
    Mrs Pounder is in love with Sky anyway.

    Mr Pounder, Dec 13, 2014

  3. Stephen Thomas Cole

    Mr Pounder Guest

    Not with VM.

    Mr Pounder, Dec 13, 2014
  4. Stephen Thomas Cole

    Woody Guest

    Turn your box off, remove your card, then power up again.
    What you see will be the FTA channels - most of which are
    the same as Freeview.

    I can confirm the price. When I went to B/B only it was
    £25/m and that gradually crept up to about £34 or so. Then I
    noticed that newcomers were getting B/B and phone for £25.99
    so I asked for the phone (which I suspect started a 'new'
    contract) and the price dropped accordingly.

    Woody, Dec 14, 2014
  5. Stephen Thomas Cole

    Mr Pounder Guest

    Mrs Pounder has just confirmed that she already has the Freeview channels. I
    hardly know how to use the remote control ...
    I think our bill is about £42 per month. I'm on the 50MB down package but
    get about 54.
    We use less than 2 quids worth of calls per month. I'm to be given a mobile
    phone as I am one of the very few people who do not own one. When I work out
    how to use it, I'll have a chat with VM.
    Cheers for the help.

    Mr Pounder, Dec 14, 2014
  6. Stephen Thomas Cole

    notyalckram Guest

    Draytek 2860

    notyalckram, Dec 17, 2014
  7. Stephen Thomas Cole

    notyalckram Guest

    Draktek 2860

    notyalckram, Dec 17, 2014
  8. Stephen Thomas Cole

    Woody Guest

    Given this is a cable user should it not be 2860n?

    Woody, Dec 17, 2014
  9. The cheaper 2.4G only RT-N16 runs nicely with the 'Tomato by Shibby'
    firmware, which gets regular updates. It seems to be available on the
    RT-N66U too.

    Both of these have decent amounts of RAM and flash, rather than the measly
    8MB RAM/4MB flash that cheap routers have [had for a decade].

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Dec 17, 2014