Router Question Please: TCP/IP or ppoe With Verizon DSL ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Playing with a LinkSys router and with two PC's running XP in a home
    installation.

    Not at all sharp with this router stuff.
    Hope I'm asking the question correctly.

    Using Verizon DSL in eastern Mass.

    When I do the configuring with the network drop-down screens on the PC,
    do I want the pppoe protocal on the
    pull down configure screen (for DSL), or the TCP/IP choice ?

    Everything I've read says that the TCP/IP should work , but in the LinkSys
    manual, there was a
    small add-on note line that some DSL providers may require the
    pppoe, but it wasn't clear which to use. Calling Verizon Help on this is
    hopeless.

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Robert11

    Dan Shea Guest

    Use TCP/IP. If that doesn't work, use PPOE. (Yes, you can change
    settings...) If that doesn't work, call Verizon. :)

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Mar 4, 2004