    orange. Do the colours mean anything?

    Thanks,
    Grace

    Grace, Jul 1, 2005

  2. It came with no documentation?

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Grace

    Sly Guest

    search google for your router type and questions

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  4. Grace

    Vanguard Guest

    Zim zim ala bim, the spirits are about to speak. Oh, spirits, what can
    you tell me about the color of lights on an unidentified router? What?
    Huh? Oh, well, I can't repeat that here. Sorry, the spirits are, um,
    unwilling right now.

    See:
    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Vanguard, Jul 1, 2005
  5. Grace

    Plato Guest

    It probably depends on if there is a pc connected to the port, or if the
    pc is on or not. I suppose you should read the docs.

    Plato, Jul 1, 2005
  6. Grace

    rory smith Guest

    Yea, your router is on shrooms.

    rory smith, Jul 2, 2005
  7. Grace

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Like, way cool, man! Where can I get one of those?

    Toolman Tim, Jul 2, 2005
  8. Grace

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Could be - and sometimes it connection speed (10 vs 100).

    Now that I think about it, on my 3Com switches at work, some of the lights
    change from green to orange depending on what optional equipment is
    installed in the switch. So it would be quite machine specific.

    But the other replies are also quite correct: "What TYPE of freakin'
    router?" and "RTFM!"

    Toolman Tim, Jul 2, 2005
  9. Grace

    Top Guest

    I would think the lights on yours show load balance as well.

    Ed

    Top, Jul 2, 2005
  10. Grace

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Nah - I'm still using rather old switches, no routers. But the lights on the
    switches do indicate data transfer activity as well as speed and probably
    other things if I took the time to monitor them.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 2, 2005
  11. Grace

    Top Guest

    I worked for a local ISP for a while and that sounds like the 3COMs
    we had. I monitored traffic loading and ran the newserver. The
    newserver was an education itself. Came to work one day nad had an
    indignate email asking why I was allowing spammers to operate through
    my newserver. That only happened once! Damn spammers will find any
    hole you leave. I don't know that I stopped all of them but I didn't
    receive any more complaints like that.

    Ed

    Top, Jul 2, 2005
  12. Grace

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Good for you! Too bad so many others aren't that conscientious.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 2, 2005