Router Internet Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by ajh824, Jul 16, 2006.

  1. ajh824

    ajh824 Guest

    Here's the situation:

    1)We had some internet service problems, and have recently replaced our
    cable modem...

    2) When connected directly to the PC, there is no problem accessing the
    internet (i.e. this is not a problem with our Comcast connection)

    3) We are using a USR8054 Router -- the network seems to work just fine
    -- the router recognizes all PC's on the network, both wired and
    wireless

    4) Connections seem fine -- the cable modem shows that it is connected,
    and the USR router has the "WAN" light solid (i.e. it is picking up a
    signal from the cable modem)....

    5) No DHCP address is detected by the router -- i.e. although the
    internet connection seems to work fine when connected directly to the
    PC, for some reason the router is not picking anything up.......hence,
    can't connect to internet via router.....

    Have tried resetting router, resetting modem, renewing IP....no
    luck......fixed IP is not an option.

    Am at a loss about what to do next....suggestions??/

    ajh824, Jul 16, 2006

  2. ajh824

    Joker Guest

    This sounds like the router needs to clone the MAC address of a NIC
    maybe. Still it is off topic as this newsgroup if for the Microsoft
    broadband networking hardware & related software only.
    --

    American Family Association & 30+ Other Groups Call for Boycott of Ford
    Motor Company

    The Electronic Frontier Foundation is highlighting three sets of bad
    laws going through Congress right now.
    http://www.eff.org/corrupt

    Don't pay malware vendors - boycott Sony & Symantec

    This special alert is printed on 100% recycled electrons.

    assistance.

    time.

    If I sound hostile or arrogant you need to read the following before
    posting a question "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" at
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html (The site I've linked
    to just has this article I think people should read before posting a
    technical question.)

    completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

    Douglas Adams, "Mostly Harmless"

    Joker, Jul 18, 2006