Router crashes frequently when using NAT table limiting

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by elixxir, Jun 4, 2006.

  1. elixxir

    elixxir Guest

    Hi,

    This is quite a weird problem that has been experienced by somebody
    else, see here:
    http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.dcom.sys.cisco/browse_thread/thread/4fddc87826609e59/#

    My specs: Cisco 837 with 48Mb RAM running IOS 12.3(8)T

    As soon as the following rule is enabled in the config, and the router
    is under p2p load, it will begin crashing from between 2 minutes to
    about 10 minutes uptime.

    ip nat translation max-entries host 192.168.10.3 700

    Now, the previous post mentions they had an old version of IOS and that
    the feature was still new. But this is 2.5 years later and it is
    happening for me as well.

    Can anybody shed any light at all on this, and what I can do to be able
    to use the feature?

    elixxir, Jun 4, 2006

  2. elixxir

    elixxir Guest

    Actually, let me re-phrase. Obviously it hasn't been fixed in this
    release of the system so I guess the real question is which IOS
    supports it properly and will it run on my measly 48Mb?

    elixxir, Jun 4, 2006

  3. www.BradReese.Com, Jun 4, 2006