    the users on each vlan/subnet could use the same router?

    Thanks in Advance

    Dedjarnan

    Dedjaran, Jul 10, 2003

  2. :I have a Cisco 2621 router that connects to a Allied telesyn fiber
    :switch. I would like to segment my network into vlans/subnets however
    :considering i only have one router it might be hard to do. I was
    :wondering if i could use alias address on the Ethernet port so that
    :the users on each vlan/subnet could use the same router?

    You could, but it would probably be better to use subinterfaces
    and trunk to the 802.1Q-aware switch.

    Walter Roberson, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Dedjaran

    EmpokNor Guest

    you'll need an IP plus ios image to support 802.1q encapsulation on the
    router, and it can become a router on a stick.

    EmpokNor, Jul 10, 2003
  4. Dedjaran

    Dedjaran Guest

    Forgive my ignorance but how would i do that with 2621 router? Are
    those features available in the above mentioned feature pack?

    Dedjaran, Jul 11, 2003
  5. Dedjaran

    EmpokNor Guest

    Do a sh ver. If you have something like c22600-i-mz.122- etc etc you have ip
    only. You need and IOS image with is-mz feaures (IP Plus). You would then
    have to upload it in to flash (make sures theres enough room), and boot from
    it. Then you can configure sub interfaces on fa ports. I not played with
    2600 much, more 3600/3700 and 7200, so not sure on specs.

    EmpokNor, Jul 11, 2003