    software firewall as well?

    Thanks,
    Ian Watson

    Ian, Dec 7, 2003

  2. Ian

    Harrison Guest

    This device uses NAT (Network Address Translation). This is a very
    effective means of masking your computers from the Internet.
    If the router or your broadband modem also allow you to block external
    requests, then you will have all the security you need.
    Others will of course differ in their opinions regarding software
    firewalls like ZoneAlarm, etc., but they just don't know any better.
    I have been using NAT for over a year on ADSL and have experienced no
    problems whatsoever.

    Harrison, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Ian

    Ian Guest