    show ip bgp
    Does anybody knows in which situations route can have EGP origin ?

    thanks,

    jmarkotic, Dec 30, 2003

  2. An origin of EGP refers to the EGP protocol rather than EBGP. Given
    that EGP is all but history, you'll rarely see a route with an origin
    of EGP, and when you do it's probably being set manually by a
    route-map or something.

    -Terry

    Terry Baranski, Dec 31, 2003

  3. jmarkotic

    jmarkotic Guest

    thanks for clearing that up.
    jura

    jmarkotic, Dec 31, 2003
  4. What happens if BGP routes get imported into OSPF and from there
    redistributed back to BGP? Might those get EGP as origin?

    Regards,
    Daniel

    Daniel Roesen, Jan 1, 2004
  5. I don't see why they would. Remember, EGP refers to EGP the protocol
    (BGP's predecessor; RFC 904) rather than EBGP.

    -Terry

    Terry Baranski, Jan 1, 2004
  6. OSPF is an IGP, so I think the default when importing OSPF routes into
    BGP is to tag them with the IGP origin. They'll only be tagged
    differently if you have a route-map associated with the "redistribute
    ospf" statement, and it contains "set origin XXX".

    Barry Margolin, Jan 1, 2004