    I.e. what is the sequence in which all BGP command related to the
    anoncing are
    executed/related etc...

    raptor, May 27, 2005

  2. The "network" statements are used to populate the BGP routing table from
    other routing mechanisms, so they get processed first. The "neighbor"
    statements are then used to send some or all of those entries to a peer.

    Barry Margolin, May 28, 2005

  3. raptor

    raptor Guest

    thanx,
    Say for example if I have 2 neighboors A and B and 3 networks X,Y and
    Z, and then I want to arrange/preffer that X and Y traffic comes from A
    but Z from B then I should do something like this !!

    neighboor B route-map blah-B out

    network X
    network Y
    network Z route-map via_B

    #by default preffer to come from AS-A
    route-map blah-B permit 20
    set as-path prepend my-AS
    route-map blah-B permit 100

    #only network Z should annonce it so that AS-B will be preffered
    route-map via_B permit 20
    match !!something!!
    set as-prepend my-AS

    Are my thoughts correct and if yes what will be !!something!! :")

    raptor, May 28, 2005
  4. For this, I think you only need the neighbor route-map, not the network
    route-map. Network route-maps (and also redistribute route-maps) should
    generally be used to set attributes that will be used independently of
    the neighbor, or will be processed by the neighbor route-maps. For
    instance, you might put route tags in with a network route-map, and then
    have the neighbor route-map match tags.

    Barry Margolin, May 28, 2005
  5. raptor

    raptor Guest