route-map and as-path question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Nicolas Meaux, Jan 10, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have a routing question about route-map filter by as-path.
    I want to force traffic which match a specific ip source adress, to a
    specific transit operator.
    I use for that :

    interface GigabitEthernet0/1.15
    ip policy route-map traffic-out

    access-list 150 permit ip host 2.3.4.5 any

    route-map traffic-out permit 10
    match ip address 150
    set ip next-hop 1.2.3.4

    And it works well :)

    But i want to match packets which belong to a specific AS to a specific
    path before they are sent to 1.2.3.4, and if they doesnt belongs to an
    AS that i havnt explicit set, then sent them to 1.2.3.4.
    Because interface don't accept BGP informations as AS, i cant configure
    match as-path on my existing route-map.

    Have anyone an idea for doing so ?

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Nicolas Meaux, Jan 10, 2005

  2. Nicolas Meaux

    Hansang Bae Guest

    When you receive the route (specific one) why not create a TAG for it.
    It will overwrite the default tag which would be the BGP AS in this
    case. Then, you can check for the tag in your route-map

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Nicolas Meaux

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    Solution for this "problem" is not using route-maps, at least not how
    you're using them. If your router receives BGP routes from somewhere
    with full BGP information, then it is pretty easy to solve. Just allow
    routes with specific paths in the router and after that, just do a
    default route to 1.2.3.4. This way, all specific routes will be examined
    (the ones you've got by selecting the AS Path info) and if neither of
    them is a match, packet will be routed using default route with next hop
    1.2.3.4.

    HTH,

    Ivan Ostreš, Jan 11, 2005