    with 2 dual T1 cards. I also want to use the public IP blocks on the
    sub interfaces of ethernet interfaces. Can this be achieved with
    route-maps on the sub-interfaces?

    mcarroll76, Apr 1, 2005

  2. mcarroll76

    Brad Guest

    The first thing I recommend you do is hire a reputable IT company that
    knows something about networking.

    Brad, Apr 1, 2005

  3. You don't really say whats on the other end, but I would simply break
    your public IPs into 4 blocks, and route down each public IP range down
    one T1 at the upstream site (assuming you are doing this already).

    If you want to balance outbound traffic too instead of defaulting out
    all 4 T1 links, then yes, you'd want to setup route-maps to policy
    route each packet with such and such source IP out the proper T1 link.

    It should be fairly straightforward to proceed just as you think.

    Doug McIntyre, Apr 1, 2005
  4. mcarroll76

    mcarroll76 Guest

    The first thing I recommend you do is hire a reputable therapist.

    mcarroll76, Apr 1, 2005
  5. mcarroll76

    mcarroll76 Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    The router will connect to layer 2 switches which will be patched to
    various meeting rooms. Some clients request access to a full T1 to
    themselves so we want to be able to patch them into a VLAN that gives
    them exclusive access to one of the 4 T1s.

    My confusion lies in the default routes.

    For instance:

    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 207.1.1.1
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 207.1.1.5
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 207.1.1.9
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 207.1.1.13

    This would load balance all 4 T1s as I understand it. However, this is
    not what we want.

    I was thinking I could use an ip policy route-map statement on each
    sub-interface to send traffic to the appropriate serial.

    For instance:

    interface fastethernet0/0.1
    ip address 208.1.1.0 255.255.255.0
    ip policy route-map wan1
    !
    interface fastethernet0/0.2
    ip address 208.1.2.0 255.255.255.0
    ip policy route-map wan2
    !
    interface fastethernet0/0.3
    ip address 208.1.3.0 255.255.255.0
    ip policy route-map wan3
    !
    interface fastethernet0/0.4
    ip address 208.1.4.0 255.255.255.0
    ip policy route-map wan4
    !
    !
    route-map wan1 permit 10
    set ip next-hop 207.1.1.1
    !
    route-map wan2 permit 10
    set ip next-hop 207.1.1.5
    !
    route-map wan3 permit 10
    set ip next-hop 207.1.1.9
    !
    route-map wan4 permit 10
    set ip next-hop 207.1.1.13
    !

    Would this work as I expect with no default routes specified?
    Obviously I ommitted the VLAN commands from this example. I want to
    nail this down first. Does this make sense?

    mcarroll76, Apr 1, 2005
  6. mcarroll76

    Brad Guest

    Hmmmm.....you're not the first one to suggest that, maybe I should look
    into it. Thanks.

    Brad, Apr 1, 2005
  7. Thats true, and also true.

    Nope, that should do it. With policy routing, as long as you cover all
    your cases, you don't need a default route.

    Doug McIntyre, Apr 3, 2005