    1. what's the route selected by the packets?

    Thanks,

    NC

    Nuno Cristelo, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Nuno Cristelo

    PJML Guest

    Do a "show IP route" and see what the metrics assigned to
    the two default-routes come out as. If they are defaulting
    to identical values, then in the absence of any other
    instructions, it should load-balance outbound packets
    across the two interfaces.

    [note I say "should", as there is always the possibility
    that the routing-metrics are actually being defined by
    a dynamic routing-protocol as well as the above route-
    statements, in which case you need to see what the
    actual metrics are once the static and dynamic routes
    are aggregated].

    PJML, Jul 22, 2003

  3. Nuno Cristelo

    SkyFoxXP Guest

    Note that in order to have an effective load-balancing, you *must* disable
    "route-cache" and "ip route-cache" on both interfaces!

    SkyFoxXP, Jul 22, 2003
  4. Nuno Cristelo

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Unless you use CEF per-packet load balancing.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jul 22, 2003