    is

    Thank you very much

    Jerry

    jdpeacock, Aug 30, 2003

  2. jdpeacock

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: (jdpeacock)
    You probably need a faster shutter speed, check the EXIF data in Zoombrowser
    and see what the speed was on the blurry shots.

    Decide what shutter speed you need for the rodeo ... say 1/250th sec or 1/500th
    sec, something like that (see what the speed was on the sharp shots to verify
    this). This is your minimum target shutter speed ... set the mode to Av, set
    the aperture to the smallest number (widest aperture), and if this isn't fast
    enough then increase the ISO until you get to the minimum target. As the ISO
    gets higher you'll have more noise but it's better to be sharp and noisy than
    blurry and clean, I think.

    A faster lens will really help too.
    The flash won't help much unless you're *really* close ... are you the rodeo
    clown who chases off the bulls? (Didn't think so :)

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Aug 30, 2003