Rockwell HCF 56K Speakerphone PCI Modem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Doug Goncz, May 14, 2004.

  1. Doug Goncz

    Doug Goncz Guest

    Hey.

    I am new here.

    I have an IBM Aptiva with Pentium II 350, 10 GB, and 128 * 3 = 384 MB.

    It came with the Rockwell HCF 56K Speakerphone PCI Modem, which did work at one
    point. I have tried reloading Ring Central and the modem driver from the OEM
    disk to no avail.

    So I downloaded Ring Zero Systems's Phone Works 2004 Professional. I like the
    way I no longer have to export my address book as a comma separated file, and
    import it into Ring Central.

    But now Mathcad won't print my work (over ten years of work) via fax. And the
    speakerphone, let's just say there are some issues....

    I can click on a number in the address book and the speakerphone will dial it,
    but immediately hang up. Invisible today is the dialog box that says something
    like "At this point, you may pick up the handset and press Yes or leave it on
    hook and press No. Transfer call to handset?". When it does appear, it acts as
    if Yes were automatically pressed.

    Web based email to RZS has resulted in a response. I'll keep you informed.

    There are 1,040 hits on Google for the phrase "Rockwell HCF 56K Speakerphone
    PCI Modem". I am using the CIS driver, about ninth on the first page, now.

    Driver Detective says my modem driver is OK. I guess that just means that they
    don't have one to offer me for $29.95. I haven't joined Driver HQ.

    What to do, what to do?

    I know how to read a few AT commands and can clear, start, append, and close
    the telephony log. I find it useful to dial out every 15 seconds and correlate
    the time stamp on the log with the 15 second intervals. A lot happens.

    Maybe it's just my init string. I don't know what it should be.

    Now I am off to see if I should have read the FAQ or another post giving the
    answer to this same problem. No, wait. Minimize this window.....no, I don't see
    anything.

    Yours,

    Doug Goncz ( ftp://users.aol.com/DGoncz/ )

    Read about my physics project at NVCC:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dgoncz&scoring=d plus
    "bicycle", "fluorescent", "inverter", "flywheel", "ultracapacitor", etc.
    in the search box

    Doug Goncz, May 14, 2004