    force this?
    Thanks,
    RogerC

    RogerC, Jul 17, 2004

  2. RogerC

    TheBadEye

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Generally speaking, 802.1x supplicants (that’s the piece of configuration software on the PC) using WPA and WPA2 will have a slider or switch allowing you to mark the “Roaming Aggressiveness” The more aggressive the more quickly it will attempt to jump between one AP and the other. Too aggressive and you will create a “ping pong” effect.

    Another thing to look for is the AP units and its governing switch’s roaming policy. It must be set up to make people roam and it must be told to not attempt to (power up) if someone walks away from the AP, instead force the system to make them roam.

    TheBadEye, Nov 1, 2006