    Likes Received:
    0
    Heres an update and not a happy one for me. I got my RMA advance replacement HD today and guess what? Its a freakin "Recertified" HD. I never knew a RMA replacement means refurbished. F***** WD WTF if wrong with them. Why did I get a freakin "recertified/refurbished" POS!? Plus this one has less of a warrently then the one I issued an RMA for. WD is know something I will not buy ever again. Suck it WD!

    werty316, Jul 9, 2005

  2. werty316

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Sorry to hear the bad news, hopefully the will last you a long time and you'll never have to RMA it again............;)

    Bio-Hazard, Jul 9, 2005

  3. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thx Bio lets hope so. This is the 1st WD experience and it was horrible.

    werty316, Jul 9, 2005
  4. werty316

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Looks like RMA at WD is crappy, maybe they are full of people who don't know what a HDD is :|

    unholy, Jul 9, 2005
  5. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    0
    I hope it isn't always like this. When I did issue an RMA I wasn't sure if calling them would do anything as I believe the people who answer the phones are there to answer the phones and TRY to help. In other wrods they know squat about computer stuff. I mean it was a chick that answered and she sounded like a dizzy chick too and I was like "oh crap..." I just think I got a bad chance this time around. What are the odds of this crap happening? argh lets hope they will reply as I don't want this "Recertified" crap. They should just label it "Refurbished". They try to be all sneaky by putting "Recertified". Trick me they will not.

    werty316, Jul 9, 2005
  6. werty316

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    well u get that, my asus mobo was clean as when it came back, though it was repaired :D, looks sick like its brand new :D.
    And with those cheapo people that don't know nothing, i had to people reply to my Mobo retention module trouble they were both no smarter then a non computer users.

    unholy, Jul 11, 2005
  7. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    0
    ok well I never knew that they just fix your broken one since it is broken. Well anyhow now I know about how RMAs work. I always thought manufacturer give you a new OEM. Ah well you learn new things every day.

    werty316, Jul 12, 2005
  8. werty316

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Sometimes you get new, other times you get repaired. Depends on what wrong with it and how long they think it'll take to repair it. You got unlucky this time.

    Bio-Hazard, Jul 12, 2005
  9. werty316

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    0
    yeah well atleast the warranty last till the full date. It turns out that advance RMA orders only have a 90 day warranty till you return the broken one. Good to know because I thought I was getting only half of my warranty.

    werty316, Jul 12, 2005