    TIA

    btw Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera and Photo Alley are all owned by the same
    person --> Sue Goldsmith!!

    Backbone, Jun 21, 2006

  2. I once went into Ritz for some odds and ends (slide film for the
    non-digital cameras I had then) and, while chatting with the clerk,
    mentioned that I might be interested in getting into digital photography. I
    wasn't sure if I wanted to go with a whole new system or just buy a digital
    body compatible with the Pentax lenses I already had. When the
    salesmen/clerk told me I couldn't use those lenses with the Pentax, I
    quickly decided I would not be doing business with them in the future.
    Plus, he really had an attitude.

    William Oertell, Jun 22, 2006

  3. Backbone

    Kevin Agard Guest

    I to have been going to Ritz for odds and ends when traveling for years.
    They are fine for that. I've even bought a couple of Quantaray flash
    systems from their store in Roanoke, VA when I needed then in a hurry
    (UPS misplaced/delayed some of my gear). I don't think I'd ever buy a
    camera body or any other higher end equipment from them though.

    The bottom line though is that I always use a credit card on these
    purchases. That way, should all else fail, I always have recourse to a
    charge back by the CC company.

    Kevin Agard, Jun 22, 2006
  4. Backbone

    Guest Guest

    I once worked for Ritz for a very short time. They lie to their employees
    too. The salary plan was totally misrepresented. So I went to work for Wolf
    before Ritz bought them out. It was a great company to work for. Now it's
    garbage. They even bought Cameraworld and destroyed it.
    Old Bob

    Guest, Jun 22, 2006
  5. The employees I've met at Ritz/Wolf/whatever haven't known enough about
    photography to willfully lie about anything.

    Me - "Do you have a 68mm circular polarizer?"

    Wolf Camera #1 - "We don't carry those... Wait, what does it look like?"

    Wolf Camera #2 - "If it wasn't circular, how would you screw it on?"

    Wolf Camera #3 - "Yes, we do. See? They're all round."

    Kevin McMurtrie, Jun 23, 2006
  6. Backbone

    ink Guest

    Slightly related... Ritz Camera in Paramus, NJ (or was it somewhere in PA? -
    anyways...)

    Me - "I need a 77mm circular polarizer"

    Ritz - "Whoa... what do you need that for??"

    Me - "My wide-angle has that diameter, so..."

    Ritz - "You should switch to digital, could do it in Photoshop then!"

    Me - <silently leaving>

    Got the polarizer elsewhere...

    Cheers,
    ink

    ink, Jun 23, 2006
  7. Backbone

    Bob Salomon Guest

    That will surprise David Ritz

    Bob Salomon, Jun 23, 2006
  8. Backbone

    Backbone Guest

    Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera as well as Photo Alley businesses are all licensed
    to Sue Goldsmith as the business owner!
    I assumed that Sue Goldsmith must also own the businesses as well!

    Backbone, Jun 29, 2006
  9. Backbone

    J. Clarke Guest

    Uh, that's the contact. It's a corporation, not a proprietorship, so it
    doesn't have an "owner" per se.

    J. Clarke, Jun 29, 2006