Rita spotted!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kinon O'Cann, Oct 29, 2007.

  1. Kinon O'Cann

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Kinon O'Cann, Oct 29, 2007

  2. Kinon O'Cann

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Oct 30, 2007

  3. Kinon O'Cann

    Douglas Guest

    You are blocked from viewing the photo that you selected by the content
    filter.
    The photo that you are trying to view has a rating of -3 and an effective
    content advisory of X (may be unsuitable for children), which may be
    different from its content advisory category, as some categories, such as
    Erotic, imply a higher content advisory.

    You may change the content filter and proceed to view the photo, or you may
    cancel and return to the previous page. If you change the content filter,
    then the new setting will stay in effect until you close your browser or
    sign out.

    Douglas, Oct 30, 2007
  4. Kinon O'Cann

    Cynicor Guest

    Douglas wrote:
    > You are blocked from viewing the photo that you selected by the content
    > filter.
    > The photo that you are trying to view has a rating of -3 and an effective
    > content advisory of X (may be unsuitable for children), which may be
    > different from its content advisory category, as some categories, such as
    > Erotic, imply a higher content advisory.
    >
    > You may change the content filter and proceed to view the photo, or you may
    > cancel and return to the previous page. If you change the content filter,
    > then the new setting will stay in effect until you close your browser or
    > sign out.
    >

    > "Kinon O'Cann" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=2073875&forward=viewportfolio

    Just change it to -6 and you'll be good.

    Cynicor, Oct 30, 2007
  5. Kinon O'Cann

    Douglas Guest

    "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    > Douglas wrote:
    >> You are blocked from viewing the photo that you selected by the content
    >> filter.
    >> The photo that you are trying to view has a rating of -3 and an effective
    >> content advisory of X (may be unsuitable for children), which may be
    >> different from its content advisory category, as some categories, such as
    >> Erotic, imply a higher content advisory.
    >>
    >> You may change the content filter and proceed to view the photo, or you
    >> may cancel and return to the previous page. If you change the content
    >> filter, then the new setting will stay in effect until you close your
    >> browser or sign out.
    >>

    >> "Kinon O'Cann" <> wrote in message
    >>> http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=2073875&forward=viewportfolio

    > Just change it to -6 and you'll be good.

    That's not the issue.

    Kinon posted a link to a lewd picture on a rated site but he posted it from
    a general audience site. Children do read this group and the foul mouthed
    idiots who think it's OK to swear and those who post lewd links could likely
    get the group rated and it would be out of bounds to many readers then.

    He could have included a warning but chose not to. Poor form.

    Douglas

    Douglas, Oct 30, 2007
  6. "Douglas" <> wrote in message
    > You are blocked from viewing the photo that you selected by the content
    > filter.
    > The photo that you are trying to view has a rating of -3 and an effective
    > content advisory of X (may be unsuitable for children), which may be
    > different from its content advisory category, as some categories, such as
    > Erotic, imply a higher content advisory.
    >
    > You may change the content filter and proceed to view the photo, or you
    > may cancel and return to the previous page. If you change the content
    > filter, then the new setting will stay in effect until you close your
    > browser or sign out.

    I have no idea of what to change the content filter to....I tried everything
    from -10 to +10 and I still couldn't see the photo.....The least they could
    do is tell you how their "scale" works.....Are larger negative numbers more
    likely to allow viewing the picture, or the other way around? And, How does
    one go about changing the number? The website implies that it can be done
    right there, on the spot. Or, do I have to go inside my computer in the
    control Panel somewhere to do this? At any rate, the instructions were so
    poor that I lost interest, and went on to doing something else, that had a
    little more logic in it.........

    William Graham, Oct 30, 2007
  7. Then began 'He's So Funny! <>' to curse and to swear:

    Note: Vulgar posting not quoted.

    This is a family news group in which children and young adults read. It is *your* social responsibility as an adult to demonstrate proper Usenet etiquette.

    Please refrain from cursing and swearing.
    --
    Gabriel Gowdel

    Gabriel Gowdel, Oct 30, 2007
  9. Kinon O'Cann

    Advocate54 Guest

    > I have no idea of what to change the content filter to....I tried
    > everything from -10 to +10 and I still couldn't see the photo.....The
    > least they could do is tell you how their "scale" works.....Are larger
    > negative numbers more likely to allow viewing the picture, or the other
    > way around? And, How does one go about changing the number? The website
    > implies that it can be done right there, on the spot. Or, do I have to go
    > inside my computer in the control Panel somewhere to do this? At any rate,
    > the instructions were so poor that I lost interest, and went on to doing
    > something else, that had a little more logic in it.........

    It wasn't worth viewing...it was an attempt at making fun at someone else's
    expense.

    Advocate54, Oct 30, 2007
  10. Kinon O'Cann

    Douglas Guest

    "William Graham" <> wrote in message

    > "Douglas" <> wrote in message
    >> You are blocked from viewing the photo that you selected by the content
    >> filter.
    >> The photo that you are trying to view has a rating of -3 and an effective
    >> content advisory of X (may be unsuitable for children), which may be
    >> different from its content advisory category, as some categories, such as
    >> Erotic, imply a higher content advisory.
    >>
    >> You may change the content filter and proceed to view the photo, or you
    >> may cancel and return to the previous page. If you change the content
    >> filter, then the new setting will stay in effect until you close your
    >> browser or sign out.
    >>

    > I have no idea of what to change the content filter to....I tried
    > everything from -10 to +10 and I still couldn't see the photo.....The
    > least they could do is tell you how their "scale" works.....Are larger
    > negative numbers more likely to allow viewing the picture, or the other
    > way around? And, How does one go about changing the number? The website
    > implies that it can be done right there, on the spot. Or, do I have to go
    > inside my computer in the control Panel somewhere to do this? At any rate,
    > the instructions were so poor that I lost interest, and went on to doing
    > something else, that had a little more logic in it.........

    Use the pane under the rating to change the value you want it rated at!

    Gabriel Gowdel, Oct 30, 2007
  16. Kinon O'Cann

    Charles Guest

    Charles, Oct 30, 2007
  17. He's So Funny! wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 05:15:02 -0000, Gabriel Gowdel wrote:

    Get a room, boys.

    --
    lsmft

    John McWilliams, Oct 30, 2007
  18. Kinon O'Cann

    Mark B. Guest

    <Gabriel Gowdel> wrote in message news:...
    > Then began 'He's So Funny! <>' to curse and to swear:
    >
    > Note: Vulgar posting not quoted.
    >
    > This is a family news group in which children and young adults read. It is
    > *your* social responsibility as an adult to demonstrate proper Usenet
    > etiquette.
    >
    > Please refrain from cursing and swearing.
    > --
    > Gabriel Gowdel

    Give it a rest newbie. This is an unmoderated newsgroup, so regardless of
    how much you rant it will always have language you don't want your kids to
    see - so keep 'em away from the 'puter or put in appropriate safeguards.
    It's *your* responsibility to know what your kids are looking at on the
    internet, not ours.

    Mark

    Mark B., Oct 30, 2007
  19. Kinon O'Cann

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    "Douglas" <> wrote in message

    > That's not the issue.
    >
    > Kinon posted a link to a lewd picture on a rated site but he posted it
    > from a general audience site. Children do read this group and the foul
    > mouthed idiots who think it's OK to swear and those who post lewd links
    > could likely get the group rated and it would be out of bounds to many
    > readers then.
    >
    > He could have included a warning but chose not to. Poor form.

    I'm sorry a photo of a non-sexual nature of a human body upsets you so much.
    Do yo shower dressed in clothing?

    Moron.

    Kinon O'Cann, Oct 30, 2007
  20. Kinon O'Cann

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    "Charles" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:55:42 GMT, "Kinon O'Cann" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=2073875&forward=viewportfolio
    >>
    >>I think Rita's lost some weight.

    > So heartwarming to see an intelligent discussion on Usenet.

    What? People post links to photos all the time. Make of it what you will.

    Kinon O'Cann, Oct 30, 2007