    for uploading to my iPod. Thanks. Freeware would be nice, but isn't
    necessary.

    E.

    Eddie, Mar 13, 2005

  2. Eddie

    unclejr Guest

    DVD Decrypter will rip the AC3 audio from a DVD. The only thing you've
    got to do next is transcode the file to MP3, which I know can be done
    well with iTunes (if you have a Mac), but I'm not sure if a PC
    application can do it well, or not.

    HTH,

    -Junior

    unclejr, Mar 13, 2005

  3. Eddie

    Bob Allison Guest

    WireTap.

    WireTap Pro can save your digital recordings in the popular .mp3, AAC,
    QuickTime, and AIFF file formats, saving them to your hard drive for later
    processing/listening. WireTap Pro can also save your recordings directly
    into iTunes, or onto your iPod or other iTunes-compatible .mp3 player. You
    have total control over the file format, compression, and quality of your
    recordings.

    Bob Allison, Mar 13, 2005
  4. Eddie

    unclejr Guest

    True, WireTap (for the Mac OS X) will record any audio source, BUT this
    program does NOT copy your audio source bit-for-bit! Essentially, it
    is a digital-->analog-->digital recorder. DVD Decrypter and VOBEdit
    are the only programs (that I know of) that can demux and rip the audio
    files from a DVD.

    -Junior

    unclejr, Mar 13, 2005
  5. Eddie

    Ed Kim Guest

    in the PC World, you can use AC3Dec to convert AC3 files to wavs.

    Or if you want to spend a couple of bux, ImToo's dvdaudioripper
    (http://imtoo.com/dvd-audio-ripper.html) works pretty well. it's got
    a few annoying bits as it's kinda slow, the interface is kinda slow to
    update (on renames), but it does work easily.

    -goro-

    Ed Kim, Mar 13, 2005
  6. Eddie

    Jon Purkey Guest

    I rip the audio with the stream processing in Smart Ripper and use
    GoldWave for the conversion from AC3 to MP3. Smart Ripper is free,
    GoldWave isn't, but I'm sure there are other audio conversion programs
    that are free

    -
    -Jon Purkey - <)

    Jon Purkey, Mar 14, 2005
  7. Eddie

    tonybrook Guest

    Why not surf th
    DVD-Software.biz for solution
    There are many dvd related softwares.
    To yours, I suggest that you tr
    Xilisof
    DVD Audio Ripper o
    DVD Audi
    Extractor

    Ton

    tonybrook, Apr 9, 2005
  8. Eddie

    Biz Guest

    Use DVD Decrypter, choose the audio you want, rip the audio only...then
    convert it to mp3 using one of the freely available tools like Besweet, or
    BeSure...

    www.dvdrhelp.com

    search for dvd to mp3, or ac3 to mp3...

    Biz, Apr 9, 2005