right way to connect cable modem, router, adaptor?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by harsh, Dec 7, 2005.

  1. harsh

    harsh Guest

    Hello,

    I am a relatively new Vonage user. My question is about the proper way
    to connect the networkind devices. The documentation Vonage provides
    with their hardware says to follow this order:

    cable modem -> ata adaptor -> router -> pc's.

    Looking through the online documentation on Vonage's website for issues
    related to poor call quality and/or dropped calls, I found
    documentation that suggested that the connectiosn should be in this
    order:

    cable modem -> router -> ata adaptor and pc's.

    Which is the "right" way?

    Thanks,
    -Harsh

    harsh, Dec 7, 2005

  2. harsh

    Rick Merrill Guest

    first one: The ATA regulates modem-router bandwidth inorder to
    maintain QoS (Quality of Service) for the phone call.

    Rick Merrill, Dec 7, 2005