Right click problem XP? This works for me.

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Bill Bailley, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. Bill Bailley

    Bill Bailley Guest

    Hello,
    I have been looking for a reason why Windows Explorer resets on my WinXP
    computer every time I right click to open a directory. I have looked at just
    about every post on this subject without finding an answer that works for
    me.

    Yesterday, I stumbled onto this site
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t100406.html and found a registry
    hack that restored my computer to normal operation as far as I can see. Note
    that the write-up specifically mentions .AVI files and Divx. As this is an
    area I had recently taken an interest in and started saving TV files in
    compressed formats, it dawned on me that my problems started at about the
    same time.

    I hacked the registry and my system was back to normal. Your mileage may
    vary so you should be certain to back up the registry first. I always make a
    restore point too before I go into the registry. Please read the rest of the
    posts on that site to give yourself an idea of some work-arounds that may be
    required to delete .AVI files.

    One happy camper here,

    Bill.

    Bill Bailley, Jul 22, 2004