    "Send to", "Cut", "Copy", etc.

    How can I add another option called "Edit with Notepad" so that when I
    select it, Notepad is executed with the file opened for me to edit.

    cakewalker, Nov 19, 2004

  2. cakewalker

    Unk Guest

    Open C:\WINDOWS\system32\
    Right-click notepad.exe, select copy.
    Click Start, Run. In the Run box, type: sendto
    Right-click a blank spot in the "sendto" folder, select "Paste shortcut"

    Unk, Nov 19, 2004

  3. | When right-clicking on any file in XP, you get the options to "Open",
    | "Send to", "Cut", "Copy", etc.
    |
    | How can I add another option called "Edit with Notepad" so that when I
    | select it, Notepad is executed with the file opened for me to edit.

    Very handy bit of freeware code you might find useful @
    http://www.baxbex.com/openexpert.html

    It's tiny (658kb) yet very useful.

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    HillBillyBuddhist, Nov 19, 2004
  4. cakewalker

    cakewalker Guest

    That not what I wanted since I already knew that way.
    I want to add the shortcut under "Open" in the right click window.

    Gvim, UltraEdit and TextPad all do it during installation, I just want
    to know how to do it manually with Notepad.

    cakewalker, Nov 19, 2004
  5. cakewalker

    dadiOH Guest

    In Win98 you do it by editing the registry, creating a key under all
    files (*) in -shell in various places. I imagine XP is similar(?) and
    you could find thorough instructions by Googling.However, it is much
    easier to use FastExplorer - the premier app for making cntext menus -
    which will allow you to easily do what you want and much, much more.
    http://thesoftpro.tripod.com/downloads/fe/index.htm

    For more info about it, see my dandies below.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    dadiOH, Nov 19, 2004
  6. cakewalker

    cakewalker Guest

    Thanks but I already got it.

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell]

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Open with Context]
    @="Conte&xt"

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Open with Context\command]
    @="\"c:\\Program Files\\ConTEXT\\ConTEXT.exe\" \"%1\""

    cakewalker, Nov 19, 2004