    To me they nearly always get in the way of trying to read something other
    than telling me what's in the folder.

    Many thanks

    a.p.mews, Jan 24, 2005

  2. a.p.mews

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | Hi
    | Is there an easy way of getting rid of the bubble menus that appear as you
    | hover over a Windows icon or folder?
    | I'm using MS Windows XP
    |
    | To me they nearly always get in the way of trying to read something other
    | than telling me what's in the folder.
    |
    | Many thanks

    Are you comfortable editing your registry?

    Toolman Tim, Jan 25, 2005

  3. a.p.mews

    WormWood Guest

    In Windows Explorer, bring down Tools Menu, select Folder Options /
    View, and at the bottom of the window, second one up, uncheck "show
    pop-up for folder, etc., etc."

    WormWood, Jan 25, 2005
  4. a.p.mews

    Toolman Tim Guest

    That takes care of the Desktop, and items in folders, but there are reg
    hacks for some of the others. That's why I asked it if the OP is comfortable
    editing the registry. I wasn't gonna take the time to look them up if he
    didn't want to do the hacks. About the only balloon tips I never did get rid
    of were the system tray and taskbar. Maybe I'll try again <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jan 25, 2005
  5. try www.dougknox.com he has stacks of tips & tweaks there that should help

    king doodle squat, Jan 25, 2005