    ACTA is also written up in a recent computer magazine,
    I'm not sure which one. It sounds quite concerning
    for anyone that uses the internet.

    Adam, Aug 7, 2008

  2. Adam

    Peter Guest

    Well, it would be interesting if RMS actually made it to the interview.

    Peter, Aug 8, 2008

  3. Adam

    Peter Guest

    It is there now ...
    http://www.radionz.co.nz/podcasts/allrnz.rss

    But in mp3 format, despite Kim Hill saying they'd put it up as an ogg file
    (since ogg is a free libre format).

    Peter, Aug 9, 2008
  4. Adam

    peterwn Guest

    At 8.15am, Kim advised that he 'no showed'. She said that he does not
    have a cell phone as they contain detestable proprietary software.
    Hence her producer could not contact him.

    peterwn, Aug 9, 2008
  5. Adam

    Gordon Guest

    YES! RMS has discovered that a telephone is for contacting someone on, not
    vica versa

    Gordon, Aug 9, 2008
  6. Adam

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Aug 9, 2008
  7. Adam

    Jasen Betts Guest

    not only mp3 it's also there in asf :(
    http://202.7.7.90/rnz/sat/sat-20080809-0845-Richard_Stallman_Freedom-mbr.wma?MSWMExt=.asf
    Richard stallman will no doubt like that even less :^)

    Possibly the inclusion of the OGG format podcast was a list-minute
    thing and is waiting for someone who knows how to run the codec to
    show up on monday.

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Aug 9, 2008
  8. Adam

    Jasen Betts Guest

    you are miskaen http is not a file format, it's how the server
    communicates with the clients. there are many things that are not web
    pages that are still provided via http.

    I can point wget, (or vlc) at that URL and download (or hear) the audio.
    if if you save the GPL in word (or MS reader) format it's still the GPL

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Aug 9, 2008
  9. Adam