Rich Text Control

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dave Jackson, Jan 11, 2007.

  1. Dave Jackson

    Dave Jackson Guest

    as part of an app I am using, I would like to run the following snippet
    of VBScript

    Function RTF2Text(input)
    Dim out
    Dim rtf

    Set rtf = CreateObject("RICHTEXT.RichtextCtrl.1")
    rtf.TextRTF = input
    out = rtf.Text
    set rtf = nothing
    RTF2Text = out
    End Function

    where input is RTF formatted text, some thing like

    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deftab720{\fonttbl{\fswiss MS Sans
    Serif;}{\froman\fcharset2 Symbol;}{\f2\fswiss MS Sans Serif;}}
    {\colortbl\red0\green0lue0;}
    \deflang2057\horzdoc{\*\fchars }{\*\lchars }\nd\plain\f2\fs17 Accident
    Description\plain\f2\fs17
    \n
    \n while climbing out of the crane lost footing on the crane steps and
    struck his face on the cab.
    \n
    \n }

    This works brilliantly on 32 bit Windows with the appropiate OCX file
    (RICHTX32.OCX) registered, but this will not register on 64 bit
    windows. Which is no great surprise.

    Is there an equivilent 64 bit Rich Text control available, and if so,
    where can I get it from?

    tia

    Dave Jackson

    Dave Jackson, Jan 11, 2007