    this external is replacing worked fine, but had to be unplugged after use
    else people could not phone in (connection would 'hang up')

    I'm rather stumped as are Telecom and my ISP. Any help?

    margaret, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Heh weird, real dodgy modem or phone, or both!

    Would using one of those toroid filter (or are they ferrite beads?) phone
    cables on both the phone and modem help? (Those ones with the big bulge in
    them, like laptop ones)

    I have had this before but I cant remember where from. Often ive found its
    due to cheap electronics, in your case the phone or the modem, unless the
    local radio station have your phone lines tapped? - to reach potential
    listeners in new ways?

    Matt

    Matthew Strickland, Jul 11, 2003