Reviving printer ribbons...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tony Cianfaglione, Dec 31, 2003.

  1. Tony Cianfaglione

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹©, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Tony Cianfaglione

    Brian H¹© Guest

    FRED said:
    :)
    Quick squirt, don't worry about clothes, lubricate the head.
    I can see you will be having fun later.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 31, 2003

  3. Tony Cianfaglione

    Anne Watson Guest

    Just to add a detail. Once you have sprayed it with WD, seal it up tight in
    a baggie and let it set. WD does evaporate easily .

    Anne Watson, Dec 31, 2003
  4. Tony Cianfaglione

    Brian H¹© Guest

    A $10 baggie?

    Brian H¹©, Dec 31, 2003
  5. Tony Cianfaglione

    FRED Guest

    Well don't cuddle the cartridge when you squirt :)
    cheers

    FRED, Jan 1, 2004
  6. Tony Cianfaglione

    FRED Guest

    Dead right! I forgot that

    FRED, Jan 1, 2004
  7. Top posters are *premature* squirters -- they're all spent before the
    real meat appears.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 1, 2004
  8. Tony Cianfaglione

    Anne Watson Guest

    No, a penny one from the kitchen.

    "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid

    Anne Watson, Jan 1, 2004
  9. Tony Cianfaglione

    Larry Guest

    THIS IS NOT A RECOMMENDATION!!!

    In the old days, we used to use WD40 to 'liven' up old ribbons in a pinch.

    There is more to this than just ink, though. Ribbon Ink also has lubricants
    in it to lubricate the print pins. Otherwise they can seize and burn out
    the pin drivers.

    In the old days, this was a primary reason to stay away from no-name, cheap
    ribbons on expensive printers.

    -Larry

    Larry, Jan 1, 2004
  10. Tony Cianfaglione

    Larry Guest

    No need to be so obnoxious. Geez, what did the guy ever do to you?

    -Larry

    Larry, Jan 1, 2004