Revisited: CD Audio Disk Read Problem

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by smackedass, Nov 25, 2007.

  1. smackedass

    smackedass Guest

    Hello again,

    If you remember, I was having trouble getting a CD to play music. Thanks to
    all who responded. But nothing worked...til today.

    I took the computer home on an overnight, and installed a DVD player, along
    with CyberLink. CyberLink wouldn't work properly, either, but it did give
    me an error message that pointed me in the right direction:

    "The specified device is not open or is not recognized by MCI."

    I googled that, and came up with this.

    http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=10090

    That was it, a missing registry string. Added the one that referred to the
    CD, and it works.

    Thanks, again.

    smackedass

    smackedass, Nov 25, 2007