Review: Titan G3T Notebook Cooling Pad

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unholy, Feb 10, 2006.

1. unholy

unholy

[size=+1]Review: Titan G3T Notebook Cooling Pad[/size]

[​IMG]

"You looking for a nicely designed cooling pad? one that works and has a great look? maybe this one is the one for you."

Review Link

unholy, Feb 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. unholy

bigal

Hmmm......

...why is cooling pad rated so highly? It's one point shy of a perfect score. I don't quite understand the 5V and 12V issue either - it appears you are suggesting that most laptops will have an issue with the amount of power being drawn from the USB port at 5V. Then you suggest 12V is the answer, or am I getting this wrong?

Anyway, as far as coolers for laptops go, it appears to work. I guess the laptop runs cooler under load because the laptop fans are running to keep it cool.

bigal, Feb 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. unholy

The Modfather

I've got something like that, it's not that one but, similar, has 4 fans, etc... I never use it, why? Because it defeats the whole purpose of it being a "laptop" by adding too much bulk. Like I'm gonna whip out a cooling tray, plug it into my laptop, set the laptop on top of it, then go to work? Why? I'll just use the desktop PC or put the laptop on a table or something. Those things just seem to be money wasters. Yeah, I know the rumors "hot laptops causes low sperm count" blah blah. Probably spread by the people who make these things.

More likely it's "Computer geeks in general have a low sperm count", it's just part of the whole "Where should we use this DNA? In the brain or the nuts?" ya know?

The Modfather, Feb 10, 2006
  4. unholy

bigal

I get shivers every time you talk about geeks. Adding in the "low speam count" just about put me over the edge....

bigal, Feb 11, 2006
  5. unholy

The Modfather

You're married, what do you care? And dude, remove that duck, it's giving me very bad feelings. I do not like Ducks, for obvious reasons.

The Modfather, Feb 11, 2006
  6. unholy

unholy

I rated it high cause were not comparing apples and oranges, we are comparing cooler pads to coolers. Really cooler pads have been out for a long period of time. In fact i know some one who uses a lkaptop as a desktop, i isult them so much :) they finally getting a desktop but yer.

I honestly think these cooler pads are useless, but u have to give it to the makers for getting the cooling on.

PS al, u might have mis read, but i know that some tosibha laptops only allow 1 USB port to use 250mA, this takes 280mA, so if we wanted to use 12 volt instead of 5 volt we might come into supply issues.

unholy, Feb 12, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question