Review: Sunbeamtech X-1300 Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Silverstrand, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Silverstrand

Silverstrand

[​IMG]
    Ah, the simplicities of the ball mouse. How I miss thee. While these worked, it had a tendency to get dirty and wasn't always very responsive. Next came optical mice, and while costing a little more than a ball mouse, it provided a vast improvement over the ball mouse.
    Review Link
    **Discuss this review in this thread only**

Silverstrand, Oct 6, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. Silverstrand

The Modfather

Little too little, little too late. It's even trying very hard to look like the Razer Copperhead. It doesn't however, pull off all the things that the Razer does. In fact its specs sound like they've been taken directly from the specs for the Razer. Sounds like a cheap knockoff to me.
    Razer Copperhead specs.

The Modfather, Oct 7, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. Silverstrand

XhArD

you seem to be a Razer Fanboy :p

XhArD, Oct 7, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

unholy

yer man, cant companies have a go, u never know razer might go bankrupt then whos next :p
    By the way good review erik, might want to put the next button on the right :D

unholy, Oct 7, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

The Modfather

Not a fanboi for Razer, in fact like I said, most of what I do I use the Logitech MX1000 for. That's the superior mouse for most things IMHO. The Razer is good for gaming, period. For everything else it's not so good. I haven't tried to Copperhead yet, I'd like to and if I do and it's good I'll say so, if it sucks I'll say that too. Why? Because I don't get any free stuff from ANYONE so I'm not obliged to speak on anyone's behalf.

The Modfather, Oct 7, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

unholy

Well i certainly aint going to say this product is absolute rubbish if it was, i would say it in a nice way. But for sunbeam gear, it just works well ,doesn't break to easy (unless u want it to) and it works well! :D

unholy, Oct 7, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

PUTALE

i had no idea that sunbeam also makes mouse. it kinda remind me of the razor.

PUTALE, Oct 7, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

bigal

I think...

...this mouse is great for the price. Too bad I stick with trackballs though. :?

bigal, Oct 8, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

unholy

u never know al, i might join your warz, i might get a trackball for my computer... only for everyday use though :D

unholy, Oct 8, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

The Modfather

Man, I can remember, back in the 80's, people who used trackballs and used to try to convert you like some kind of televangelists on a rant. They'd go on and on about how much better a trackball was... I thought all those people either died off or were eaten by some giant lizards or something. You've gotta be the last surviving trackball user Al. Nobody will EVER convince me to use one of those darned things. I remember a few arcade games that used them and I hated them too. :)

The Modfather, Oct 8, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

XhArD

what, like Simpsons Bowling? :p That whas a trackball, but it's really big and it's blue and white! BLUE AND WHITE!! :D

XhArD, Oct 8, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

The Modfather

No, I'm talking back in the OLD days, the early and mid 80's, things like Tempest and stuff.
    Before yer time dude. :)

13. Silverstrand

XhArD

aww :( But Simpsons Bowling had a trackball.... Did Frogger have a trackball? :)

XhArD, Oct 8, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

The Modfather

Not that I remember, no, joystick and buttons.

15. Silverstrand

bigal

Check out the...

....Kensington Mice series of trackballs. Their current "Expert Mouse" that sells for around $100 is far better than earlier models. I have four of the new model, that's how good it is. I still have an old serial interface 2-button Expert Mouse that works fine on some computers.
    Why do I like these mice? Because my right wrist can stay put, resting on a comfy wrist pad (gel or beads), while my fingers do the walking. I tire real fast using normal mice, due to my wrist problems. Remember, I broke it pretty bad in a motorcycle accident in 1983. This is a major reason that painting (which I completed last weekend) is such a pain for me, since you need to move your wrist around when using a brush. I use my left hand a lot, but you can't get away from using the right hand for many things, including writing. :sheep

bigal, Oct 8, 2005
  16. Silverstrand

unholy

what about the logitech series? , i want to be able to use my thumb for tracking?
    I ant going to get a Wireless, though i have heared theres optical whats ur opion al?

unholy, Oct 9, 2005
  17. Silverstrand

The Modfather

Optical trackballs? Seems odd but...<shrug>
    For your situation Al, i guess it makes sense, but I could never get used to that. A highly precise mouse doesn't require a lot of movement though. And I've never liked any kind of wrist rest, whether it's for mice or keyboards. If a board comes with one of those it goes in the trash first thing and I won't touch a board with a built in wrist rest. They actually give me pain in my wrists. Probably because all those things are designed with normal sized people in mind and I'm far from normal sized at 7', 350lbs with hands to match. I'd like to try that "Das Keyboard" one of these days though. And unfortunately I haven't heard back from the people about that Optimus board.

The Modfather, Oct 9, 2005
  18. Silverstrand

unholy

<shrug></shrug> - Invalid HTML Tag, Invalid XML Tag, Invalid XHTML Tag
    :D

unholy, Oct 9, 2005
  19. Silverstrand

The Modfather

Uh, I was using <> with expressions in it before HTML was ever invented. So that habit isn't likely to die easily. <Smirk> and <grin> and so forth, I used to do that back in the old BBS days. Before someone first put a : next to a ) and called it a smiley even. :)

The Modfather, Oct 10, 2005
  20. Silverstrand

unholy

back in the days of HTM? before they had a Language?

unholy, Oct 10, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question