Review: Hyperkore Laser-Etched Window Review

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigal, Dec 19, 2005.

1. bigal

The Modfather

Hahahaha! That's fantastic! Now that kinda video is worth seeing. Yeah, not much you can do to make a 4 banger sound or perform very well, except maybe by putting it a motorcycle frame. :) I had an old '65 Belvedere II back in the 80's, slant 6, no exhaust manifold, man was that mofo loud, but no power, it couldn't get up to 40 without conking out. :)

I've heard lots of "stories" about how fast the WRX is, and of course all the NFS games push those ricers as if they're great. It's funny how they'll put say, a Mercedes or Porsche or even a Corvette as a early or mid level car then you get the WRX or a Mazda RX8 as one of the top end cars. :)

Only cars I ever did any street racing in were my father's '69 GTO Judge and my '71 Plymouth Fury III Inteceptor. Both of 'em were seriously tweaked, the GTO was actually a funny car. I'd take that to the local stretch we call "The Meadows", which is a long, straight, flat bit of street near the river where everyone races, even the cops. The idiots there would look at me in this purple '69 GTO and think I was crazy, until I turned it over and fire spat out the back end and I put down a quarter in under 4 seconds. :) Nothing on the street could touch it and damn few at the NHRA tracks either. Won a few pinks with that. :)

The Modfather, Dec 24, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. bigal

XhArD

A quarter in 4 seconds? Funny car? Wait... A quarter mile in under 4 seconds? You raced a nitro funny car on a street? I get the feeling I'm missing something here... especially since even Nitro Rails can only just hit 4.3s

XhArD, Dec 24, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. bigal

unholy

i think he means an old funny car :), not a 4s now days nitro :)

ps. drifting is funny, for RC Cars :)

my sisters boyfriend brought his POS skyline around today. lol at least it impressed the neighbours :), its a 95 GT, Imported from japan :|.

unholy, Dec 24, 2005
  4. bigal

The Modfather

Yes, a Nitro funny car, we used to do that shit all the time, remember, this was back in the day, things weren't like they are now, you could do crap like that back then. And the car was a registered NHRA funnycar, people thought the emblems on it were just a gag but they were quite serious. I didn't normally let people see me pull the thing up on the back of the straightbody truck though. This stretch of road, ya gotta realize, is notorious as a drag strip, people drag there every night of the week, 365 days a year, so anyone who knows the area doesn't go to that section of the street if they're not going to drag, or at least not back then. Now-a-days they still drag there, but it's all lame ass jerks in ricers and I just have to laugh at them.

Example, just tonight, I'm on my way back from visiting my father for Xmas eve and we stop at a Dunkin' Donuts so I can get a couple Croissant sammiches, didn't have any dinner so, anyway, the place is right up the street from the Meadows (the drag) and these two guys roll in behind me in some who-knows-what ricers. They all look the same to me so don't ask me, they were Toynissamitsumazdas or something with the halogen headlights, crappy BBS wheels, ugly as hell rip vinyls on 'em and all the ricer lighting effects and the obligatory 50 billion watt sound system with the sub woofers that can only produce notes that make your bowels release. In other words, what I call complete posers. Anyway, I pull off in the parking lot after I get my sammitches and these two guys pull on either side of me. I'm in my '99 Chevy Tahoe which I'll admit, isn't entirely stock and doesn't look totally stock either but they don't know what's under the hood (big block Vortec C5, direct port NoS, etc, basically it's a racing SuV) and they're blasting their, uh, cRAP stuff and I'm trying to enjoy my croissant sammitches and listen to some smooth jazz christmas caroles, getting in the mood, ya know? So they're each eyeballing me up like crazy and I know they think they're hot shit, so I flash them the pinky and they laugh. (Here, that means "Ya wanna race for titles?") I shrug and just point at the avenue (not the Meadows, just the street that the Dunkin' Donuts is on) and give them a thumbs up. So we all go out to the street and up to the red light, they're revving their little 4 or 6 banger ricer hamsters and I'm just casually leaning back. I flash a 5 (which means 5 lights to the finish) which is my turn off anyway. It's late, like around 1am and the street is dead so there's no traffic to worry about.

Ok, to make a long story, er, not quite as long, I think the last I saw of them they were a slightly pinkish halogen twinkle in my rear view mirror as I left them sucking my exhaust. Most people don't expect a big 4x4 SUV to take off like the space shuttle but this thing moves. And it's slower than a snail compared to the old Goat or my old Fury interceptor. But it's more modern and has a lot more luxuries. :)

The Modfather, Dec 25, 2005
  5. bigal

bigal

Interesting race, but...

....have you ever raced a butcher? Check these pictures out, from our 1998 vacation in Australia:

Here's my youngest son Chris on Dunk Island, near the Great Barrier Reef.

[​IMG]

Now check out the Butcher car. We saw this in Alice Springs. Then there was Ayers Rock (that's me on the right, but I didin't climb to the top), also in Alice Springs.

[​IMG][​IMG][/url]

We also saw some Aboriginies in the Outback, and here you see a Witchity Grub that we cooked and then ate. Yum yum. The other picture was taken inside an opal mine in Coober Pedy.

[​IMG][​IMG][/url]

bigal, Dec 25, 2005
  6. bigal

XhArD

Modfather, I'm still wondering about: "I put down a quarter in under 4 seconds." Is that supposed to be a quarter mile in under 4 seconds? If it is, standing start of flying run?

XhArD, Dec 26, 2005
  7. bigal

The Modfather

Standing start... You're way too used to those ricers, this isn't anything like that, here, lemmy find a pic...

[​IMG]

This isn't our GTO but it looked almost exactly like this, same color and all except it had sponsorship logos, numbers, etc... And yes, that does look like the similar chute too, though ours was white and flush to the trunk end. If I didn't know where our old Judge went I'd swear that's the same freakin' car stripped of its sponsorship logos and so forth. Damned close.

The Modfather, Dec 26, 2005
  8. bigal

XhArD

When my dad was still living over in NZ, he was in the local bikie gang, they had flying start 1/4 mile drags. Can't remember which bike he said he was riding, but he was clocked at 182MPH at the end of it. Not sure about how far the run up was though.

XhArD, Dec 26, 2005
  9. bigal

bigal

That would...

...scare the hell out of me - to ride that fast! I did 100 MPH on a bridge in San Francisco once, but I was younger back then. Going real fast on a motorcycle is just like throwing dice in Las Vegas. Way too many things can go wrong at high speed. For instance, I once hit a squirrel doing 80 MPH on my old Honda Nighthawk S (1984 model) when riding down the coast of California. I could not serve at that speed, so I just hit the poor sucker. I stopped to make sure he was dead, which he was, and then I continued on, but at a slower rate of speed. Speed kills, and Mr. Squirrel knows it now!:vroam:

bigal, Dec 26, 2005
  10. bigal

unholy

yes, i killed a dead rabbit once :p, now that is making no sense at it all.

looks like modfather had quite a 1am :p. and big al had a fun time in australia :p when i was 8 :p

unholy, Dec 26, 2005
  11. bigal

The Modfather

Speed kills but it's s thrill getting there. :)

I can't say I ever rode a bike at anything like 182MPH but I've gone fast on bikes, the craziest thing I ever did was race ricers with my friend on a local street, we got 'em up to 89MPH on a two lane (two way) small neighborhood street. Later that year he creamed himself on his Yamaha coming around a bend near our place. (He was crashing at my mom's, he'd had a fight with his pop or some shit and my mom was staying at my grandmother's so we had the house to ourselves). He comes limping in looking like shit and I didn't believe he'd actually had an accident until like two days later when he had the casts put on. Broke both arms and one leg in several places. I don't know why they didn't put the casts on or keep him in the hospital right on the spot, never did know.

The Modfather, Dec 27, 2005
  12. bigal

unholy

maybe he just wanted to look like an idiot :p

unholy, Dec 27, 2005
  13. bigal

The Modfather

He didn't have to do anything special for that.

The Modfather, Dec 27, 2005
  14. bigal

unholy

you got one big massive scary point there :|

unholy, Dec 27, 2005
  15. bigal

bigal

Hyperkore update....

Hey guys, the folks at Hyperkore updated their site to reference our review. It's in their news listing, and it's linked in several sections associated with laser-etched windows.

As a special treat, you might want to check the downloads section on their site too. Something about a screensaver I believe.... www.hyperkore.com :hello:

bigal, Jan 9, 2006
  16. bigal

The Modfather

Ha Ha! Kick Ass Al!

The Modfather, Jan 9, 2006
  17. bigal

unholy

nice work Al :)

unholy, Jan 9, 2006
  18. bigal

XhArD

Hippie-parade! (hip hip hurray :p) Hurrah for advertising!

XhArD, Jan 9, 2006
  19. bigal

bigal

The best part?

Hyperkore comes through with quality laser-etched windows, on time and under budget.:lollypop:

bigal, Jan 10, 2006
  20. bigal

unholy

hehe i have a new project details will be posted soon :)

Hyperkore might just have a roll to play if they can send me a sheet that has been done and still one piece once, when it has reached AU

unholy, Jan 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question