Review: Das Keyboard

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Silverstrand, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Silverstrand

zepper

There's no suit in what they're doing. Keytronic will OEM for anyone that will buy in bulk and the person that buys in no way has to reveal the original source of what they are selling. Except for the blacked out keytops, they claim no originality to the rest of the design though they do point out the variable key weights (but they don't claim originality for that feature) using the keytronic' weight chart.
    . It is definitely a E03600 series. I knew it was a Keytronic the minute I laid eyes on it. I used to sell a ton of the old designs into office settings and the basic shape is still the same. To maximize profit, the Metadot ?people? have made no changes except for the blank keys and a label for the bottom.

. Is anyone suing The International Star Registry? One gets even less for their money there... One of the greatest "nothing for something" scams I've ever seen. Perfectly legal - as you get what they advertize. The fact that it's totally worthless is your's to discern.
    . One of my nieces gave a "star" to my mother on her 90th b-day - it almost made me puke. I don't think my mom was particularly impressed either but she's too nice to say so...

At least Metadot used a halfway decent kbd as the basis of its product. They could just as well have used some < $5. east asian junk box.

.bh.

zepper, Jan 3, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Silverstrand

The Modfather

Actually yea, there is a lawsuit against the ISR. But even that's not the point, I mean people can bring lawsuits (and win) for the most frivolous of things. Consider the idiot woman who sued McDonalds because she spilled coffee on herself. She won her suit and now all the fast food joints have to have special warnings about coffee being hot. If that can happen, and it does, then suing Metadot does not seem like such a strange or difficult thing. I'm sure there is precident for this.

I didn't know about this until just last week and I'm very glad I didn't order one of those keyboards site unseen based on the rave reviews of MPC and CPU magazine. I need to stop trusting magazines who have, in the last, sung the praises of companies like L Computers with their vaporware. Somebody needs to get involved in some quality control with those magazines and fact check some of these things before they review them.

The Modfather, Jan 3, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Silverstrand

zepper

Didn't a lot of the reward on that Mickey D burn case get reversed?

.bh.

zepper, Jan 3, 2006
  4. Silverstrand

unholy

Its hard to check when they get the stuff like a 1month before the products out :|

unholy, Jan 3, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question