    settings, even if it requires an uninstall?

    TIA as usual!

    Martin

    Martin*, Jun 22, 2004

  2. Martin*

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome, as usual.

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2004

  3. Martin*

    SgtMinor Guest

    Try renaming the normal.dot template. "HOW TO: Rename the Normal.dot
    Global Template for Word 2002:"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;319154

    And why the TIA - too busy to respond?

    SgtMinor, Jun 23, 2004
  4. Martin*

    Martin Guest

    Hello,

    If you were to check my previous posts, you would find that I always thank
    those who replied *after* their doing so.

    My inclusion of "TIA" is my way of showing good manners to those who *will*
    reply. It's not to be construed as laziness on my part. Hope that clarifies
    matters.

    Thank you for your reply.

    Martin

    Martin, Jun 23, 2004
  5. Martin*

    °Mike° Guest

    TIA is not good manners; one does not thank
    somebody BEFORE a deed.

    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2004
  6. Martin*

    Scrote Guest

    Wrong.
    e.g.
    "Could you call in the newsagent while you're in town and pick up some
    envelopes?"
    "Certainly"
    "Great, thanks!"
    Followed by a "Thankyou" on receipt of items.
    ....or is there a registry hack that bypasses this?

    Scrote, Jun 23, 2004
  7. Martin*

    °Mike° Guest

    BZZZZZT! Wrong. In your example, one has asked a
    question that was immediately, and positively, answered,
    hence the "Great, thanks!" (in response to "Certainly").

    In a usenet post, this simply doesn't apply.
    TIA (Thanks In Anticipation) is NOT good manners,
    and is very often a sign that the OP has no intention
    of further response from him/herself.

    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2004