    Is that true?
    I bought an item and pay the shipping, and then they give me a faulty item I
    have to pay the shipping cost again?

    TmcT, May 13, 2004

  2. TmcT

    E. Scrooge Guest

    You didn't have to buy anything like that online. You most likely went for
    a bargain and got it.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 13, 2004

  3. TmcT

    Weez Guest

    Have a look at this http://tinyurl.com/3hk6v

    in particular :
    I've moved away from the town where I bought my computer. Do I have to pay
    the costs of sending it back for repair?
    In our opinion, if the repair is covered by the CGA and/or warranty then the
    customer should not be stung for the cost of freight within New Zealand. We
    consider freight to be a reasonably foreseeable consequential loss caused by
    a product fault, which the retailer is liable for. It is reasonably
    foreseeable that customers move towns.

    However, this isn't an open chequebook. You should ensure you use the
    cheapest transport option available to you, and if you have moved overseas
    you won't have a case at all.

    Weez, May 13, 2004
  4. TmcT

    Barg Guest

    You didn't have to buy anything like that online. You most likely went

    Yup! That's about it.

    Check the terms and conditions. Most likely they say returns are at your
    cost. Tough.

    Barg, May 13, 2004
  5. TmcT

    Andrew Guest

    Most retailers require the comsumerto pay for freight costs back, You have
    only had your monitor a week, i would return it for refund and make sure you
    replace with a monitor with an onsite warranty, Monitors are a real pain to
    freight backwards and forwards - they cost lots!

    If you had an onsite warranty rather then return to base warranty, Then a
    technician will come to you, Its typically only the cheap cheap monitors
    that dont have onsite warrantys, Well known brands like Philips, Viewsonic,
    Samsung, Sony etc are worth the extra just for the added warranty support

    Andrew, May 13, 2004
  6. TmcT

    TmcT Guest

    E. Scrooge,
    Isn't an online store used to inviting more customers to come?
    What I mean is, that wasn't something I got the bargain and have more risk,
    right?

    Barg,
    Yes, it's there.
    I thought "dead on arrive" is different. (Item was faulty before it's on my
    hand)

    TmcT, May 13, 2004
  7. TmcT

    TmcT Guest

    Isn't that buying online different to "hand to hand"?

    Here's my another experience about returning item to online store:

    On last Dec. I bought a LotR DVD boxset from an oversea website.
    The boxset arrived (about a month later) and then I found there's missing
    one disc.

    Contact them, they said I can post them back the boxset and will pay for the
    shipping cost (whatever it's cost).
    And they did.

    TmcT, May 13, 2004
  8. TmcT

    steve Guest

    Yep.

    I don't buy large items online for this very reason.

    "..... all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed
    to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves
    by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."
    - Thomas Jefferson

    steve, May 13, 2004
  9. TmcT

    TmcT Guest

    You right, probably will do so.

    Somehow Diamond monitor isn't common here, hardly find a store selling them.

    TmcT, May 13, 2004
  10. TmcT

    E. Scrooge Guest

    If you got it cheap enough their profit margins would be bugger all if they
    had to pay for freight back and forth. The trouble is that a monitor could
    be bounced round by a courier that's all haste and no care. It could've had
    quite a shake up by the time that it reached you.

    The good thing about buying from a store, though at a higher price. Should
    there be a problem in the same day or close to it. Most large stores will
    replace it and worry about the warranty themselves. Your online outfit will
    want to check it out and possibly send it back to where they got it from,
    could take a few months before you get a good working monitor back. At the
    very worse that is, if you're lucky you might get satisfied a lot sooner if
    it's nothing major or they are able to give you anbother one straight away.
    Since the makers warranty is only going to cover the product, you're going
    to shit out of luck for shipping costs anyway.

    I like a place where I can walk in and say, "It's buggered, now what are you
    going to do about it?". No email back and forth nonsense, it's all sorted
    out direct and on the spot.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 13, 2004
  11. TmcT

    Greg Guest

    simple answer, I'm assuming you paid by credit card? tell the store that
    if it's good enought for them to check to make sure your credit card
    works then its good enought for them to check to make sure that the
    product works b4 it goes out. No joy tell them that you will be
    disputing the charge on the credit card because the item was faulty and
    it should be replaced at no cost to you.

    Greg

    Greg, May 13, 2004
  12. TmcT

    samg Guest

    hmmm what store is it?

    samg, May 14, 2004
  13. TmcT

    Edmond Lo Guest

    It depends on your warrenty T&C.

    Some warrenties cover the cost of P&H. Some even send a courier to pick up
    the screen at your location. Some might not.

    Edmond Lo, May 14, 2004
  14. TmcT

    TmcT Guest

    Email comes today said the supplier agreed to pick up the monitor, which I
    didn't ask for.

    However I agreed what Andrew's suggest, ask for refund and buy an monitor
    with onsite-warranty.
    Even though I can't have the DiamondTron but less trouble.

    TmcT, May 14, 2004