    Is there any way to retrieve the mail that was once in these folders.

    Many thanks

    M Finch

    msf_977, Oct 31, 2004

  2. msf_977

    Ira Levant Guest

    Restore from your backups. The one you have from your weekly
    backup procedure.

    Ira Levant, Oct 31, 2004

  3. msf_977

    Alias Guest

    Gosh, and MS shouldn't do something about it being as everyone should have a
    back up?

    Alias

    Alias, Oct 31, 2004
  4. msf_977

    PA Bear Guest

    Start here: http://www.insideoe.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    DBXtract
    http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx

    DBXtend (additional functionality)
    http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtend/Default.aspx

    DBXpress (faster, more powerful, with even greater functionality)
    http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    For lost Inbox messages:
    Inbox.dbx is damaged. Close OE and then Move Inbox.dbx from your store
    folder (http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm) to another Windows (not OE)
    folder and run any of the above applications on the moved file. (A new,
    empty Inbox.dbx will be created when you next open OE.)

    Other folders:
    Close OE. Move the associated DBX file to another Windows folder and run
    any of the above applications on the moved file.

    If one of the above applications successfully recovers any messages, count
    yourself fortunate. Do *not* import the moved DBX file back into OE!
    Recovered messages may be dragged into an open OE folder, but...

    Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
    folders created for this purpose.

    Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a manual
    compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
    http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm.

    Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
    corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.

    PA Bear, Oct 31, 2004