    study guide and exam to aim for? I do appreciate that any exam passed may
    be of only limited help in the search for work.

    Thanks

    T, Nov 20, 2010

  2. T

    Hot-Text Guest

  3. Forget the Microsoft stuff.

    Start here, with this tutorial:
    http://htmldog.com/
    Learn to validate:
    http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator.html
    Use a good text editor. I like Bluefish:
    http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
    it is multi-platform.
    Another good one is Crimson Editor (Windows only)
    Use an HTML 4.01 Strict doctype:
    http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html
    Subscribe to newsgroup alt.html when you have your first real question.
    Exams are worthless.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 20, 2010
  4. T

    Meat Plow Guest

    You mean like your chances of landing an IT job with the DoD?

    ....heh

    Meat Plow, Nov 20, 2010
  5. T

    Mike Yetto Guest

    If you really worked with classified information you would have
    been taught to keep your mouth shut about it. That would have
    been not only the first lesson, but repeated often.

    Mike "I have my doubts, but not a need to know" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Nov 20, 2010
  6. T

    Aardvark Guest

    Hey! That's *my* schtick!

    :)

    Aardvark, Nov 21, 2010
  7. T

    Aardvark Guest

    N-n-n-n-nineteen.

    Aardvark, Nov 21, 2010
  8. T

    Aardvark Guest

    N-n-n-n-nineteen.

    Aardvark, Nov 21, 2010
  9. T

    Mike Yetto Guest

    I was vetted and trained a long time ago and I know what is
    classified. I also know what information is considered sensitive
    and alluding to classified information or procedures on a global
    scale certainly seems to violate the spirit of secrecy.

    If you're not completely full of yourself and just trying to look
    important than there are probably eyes on you *right now*.

    Mike "can you say self aggrandizement?" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Nov 21, 2010
  10. T

    Aardvark Guest

    Watch out, DUH-ane, you might lose another toe stamping like that.

    N-n-n-n-nineteen.

    Aardvark, Nov 21, 2010
  11. T

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    Maybe this will help:
    http://tinyurl.com/23feh73

    Old Gringo38, Nov 21, 2010
  12. T

    Mike Yetto Guest

    I will take this as confirmation that you are only fourteen and
    posting from your bedroom.

    Mike "convince me otherwise" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Nov 21, 2010
  13. T

    Mike Yetto Guest

    No, sorry, this did not convince me otherwise.

    Mike "tell him what he's won, Don Pardo" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Nov 21, 2010
  14. T

    Aardvark Guest

    Very apt sig, DUH-ane. I like it.

    Aardvark, Nov 22, 2010
  15. T

    Aardvark Guest

    This always happens when you go meds-free for a while, DUH-ane.

    N-n-n-n-nineteen.

    Aardvark, Nov 22, 2010
  16. T

    Meat Plow Guest

    Nice rant. Good proof that I'm right.

    Meat Plow, Nov 22, 2010
  17. T

    Meat Plow Guest

    Exactly. Spouting off about being a DoD jobber just to brag here is not
    in the spirit of secrecy. If some of these posts were to be forwarded to
    the DoD I'm sure they wouldn't be very happy with someone yappin about
    it.

    Meat Plow, Nov 22, 2010