    Is there anyway to delete or retract a sent email message - I accidently
    sent all my passwords to someone else - now I have of coursed changed them
    but I still would like to delete this sent message somehow thanks

    don, Jun 20, 2005

  2. don

    Ron Guest

    If you sent someone a letter and they read it and you then broke into their
    house and destroyed the letter would they still know what was in the letter?

    Ron, Jun 20, 2005

  3. don

    don Guest

    DUHHHHHHHHHH - I'm asking if there is a way to delete the message assuming
    the email hasn't reached his mailbox yet and is unopened

    don, Jun 20, 2005
  4. don gurgled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Take a moment and think about what you're asking, and then you
    should be able to answer your own question. It's good that you changed
    your passwords, just hope it's not too late. In the future, be careful
    what you send, and where you send it.

    The Old Sourdough, Jun 20, 2005
  5. Duhhhhhh yourself, Sparky. You didn't specify those conditions.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 20, 2005
  6. don

    don Guest

    What happened was this guys email name was very similer to mine so outlook
    Express completed the email name with his address instead of mine.......
    And I heard somewhere that you could stop an email message while it is
    traveling through the net pipe lines..........

    don, Jun 20, 2005
  7. don

    don Guest

    don, Jun 20, 2005
  8. don gurgled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    snip

    There may be a way, but if it's been more than about 30 seconds since
    it was sent, it's probably too late. This is one reason I don't like
    auto-complete for most things.

    The Old Sourdough, Jun 20, 2005
  9. don

    John Doe Guest

    John Doe, Jun 20, 2005
  10. don

    John Doe Guest

    Cross posted troll/impersonation/forgery

    John Doe, Jun 20, 2005
  11. don

    John Doe Guest

    John Doe, Jun 20, 2005
  12. don

    Brian Guest

    Only if you sent it from AOL to AOL, and it is still un-read, only then can
    you 'un-send' it.

    Sorry!

    Brian, Jun 20, 2005
  13. don

    unwashed Guest

    unwashed, Jun 20, 2005
  14. don

    Sly Guest

    once sent, its sent, ya cant stop it from going through

    Sly, Jun 20, 2005
  15. don

    Mike Easter Guest

    For a lot of very good reasons, typing in an address on a To line is a
    bad idea.

    Typing is prone to mistakes, and one should be clicking one's own
    address into the space from the addressbook. If some intended address
    including your own isn't in the addressbook, it should be typed into the
    addressbook, not the To line. Then clicked into the To.

    Yes. I have my own various addresses in my addressbook.

    Mike Easter, Jun 20, 2005
  16. You heard wrong.

    Oxford Systems, Jun 20, 2005
  17. don

    Miggsee Guest

    You could retract it IF you are using GroupWise as a client. Are you???

    Miggsee, Jun 20, 2005
  18. don

    Evan Platt Guest

    I believe there's a auto-complete option you can turn off in IE...
    No. And it's traveling through the 'net pipe lines' for all of MAYBE 5
    seconds from when you hit send to when it's received at the receiving
    mail server.

    Evan Platt, Jun 20, 2005
  19. You already know his user name, all you need is *his* password to get
    into his email and delete it. Then standby while Homeland Security gets
    all the sniper teams ready to come get you.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 20, 2005
  20. don

    Poo Guest

    Another great waste of time from a pasty faces asshole

    Poo, Jun 20, 2005