resurrect MMJ- or make a fix?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by angeldye, May 18, 2014.

  1. angeldye

    angeldye

    Joined:
    May 18, 2014
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Florida
    I have read all the forums that contain a reference to MMJ (MusicMatchJukebox) I have tried itunes and windows players - none compare - why is it when something is "just right" they rip it from us? I know the talent is here somewhere to create or resurrect MMJ or a very similar UI. The links to the fix for win 7 to make MMJ work don't seem to work.

    Backstory - yeah I'm old at least chronologically. I have amassed thousands of tunes over the last few decades. Most I learned how to transmit into my music library from my purchased cassettes or vinyl or cd's - and even from old 8 tracks lol.

    So to my knowledge I did not "steal" any music. After all I paid many times irl for the new media versions of the same tunes. But since the closing of MMJ have not found any other music player/library that comes close to the awesome features of MMJ.

    For those of you who really love music (music is my only drug) I'd love to see a redesign or fix for a MMJ clone. I'd love to dust of my music and play it "my way" before I die. Which I hope is still at least a decade away.

    I'd like to do a vbulletin where I can share all my music especially rare finds - but not sure how the internet police and the money zombies will react.

    I have 3 sons, 3 brothers and 7 nephews all IT and computer prodigys and geniuses but they are all very busy with rl and peer groups and very far away mostly. That said - it's how I learned a lot of programming etc., through osmosis while helping them with their education.

    Thanks guys for reading - hope someone can help.

    AngelDye

    angeldye, May 18, 2014