Resume from Standby problem?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kenny, Feb 19, 2007.

  1. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Did a reformat and re-install of XP Pro/SP2.
    Installed most recent chipset drivers from Gigabyte, M/B is GA-K8NSC-939
    nForce 3 chipset.
    Installed Club 3D Geforce 6600 from supplied CD.
    All's OK until I put PC into Standby and try to bring it back out again. It
    appears to come out but there's no display although the monitor, Samsung
    Synchmaster 940BF, is on. Monitor is using native XP drivers.
    I have to hit the Reset button to get it back on.
    Thought it was a video driver problem so downloaded and installed the latest
    Nvidia drivers. Installed them the correct way, removing the old ones
    first, disabling AV etc. but it made no difference.
    In Power Options monitor, HDD's and Standby all set to Never.
    In Event Viewer after this happens I get Event ID 7023 which shows this:
    The Computer Browser service terminated with the following error:

    This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

    The link tells me nothing of value, I don't know if the Event is triggered
    by the problem or the forced Restart.

    Only thing I can think of is to try installing older chipset drivers but
    thought I'd throw it out to see if anyone has any ideas or seen similar
    before.

    Kenny, Feb 19, 2007