    Platform: XP Pro, IE version 6

    TIA
    John

    John Williams, Apr 2, 2004

  2. John Williams

    °Mike° Guest

    Ten-to-one says you have SpyBot S&D or SpywareBlaster
    installed, and the IE control panel disabled in the options.

    °Mike°, Apr 2, 2004

  3. I do have both of those on my PC, but the only thing I could find was a
    setting to "disable the IE Home Page settings area in the Internet Tools
    Control Panel"
    I unticked this, but it made no difference.

    John Williams, Apr 3, 2004
  4. John Williams

    ICee Guest

    Spybot S&D: Immunize, uncheck "Lock IE control panel against opening
    from within IE (current user)"

    ICee, Apr 3, 2004
  5. John Williams

    Patrick Guest

    Open 'Spybot S&D', click on 'Immunize'
    At the bootom there are three tick-boxes, make sure second one is unticked.

    I have a new version of 'SpywareBlaster' so don't know where likewise option
    is.

    Patrick, Apr 3, 2004
  6. John Williams

    °Mike° Guest

    You have to close IE and reopen it. If that doesn't help,
    reboot.

    °Mike°, Apr 3, 2004
  7. John Williams

    Professor Guest

    I have the same problem and it was cause by a website taking over my
    homepage. If your's is the same as my problem you most likely cannot change
    your homepage. I couldn't figure out the answer as Sypbot did not get rid
    of it so I swithched to Opera as my default browser but would also like the
    solution.

    Professor, Apr 3, 2004
  8. John Williams

    Millimeter Guest

    Hi John,

    Try here
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q310049&ID=KB;EN-US;Q310049

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=216583

    or perhaps you have some policy in effect. I believe the defaule
    account created for a home install of XP is an admin account.

    Millimeter

    Millimeter, Apr 3, 2004
  9. That's the one. Thanks to all who replied.
    I never cease to keep learning
    John

    John Williams, Apr 3, 2004