restricting MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, and POP3 access

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Donald Oldag, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Donald Oldag

    Donald Oldag Guest

    I have a Cisco PIX 515 in my network. I want to restrict MSN and
    Yahoo Messenber to my local area network only. I want my users to be
    able to chat internally, but not with anyone outside of my firewall.

    I also have users that have set their email client (Outlook Express)
    to POP to their personal ISP to retrieve their email. Our WWW/Email
    server is outside of the PIX and has a valid Internet IP address. I
    want to restrict TCP port 110 access to only the IP of our mail
    server.

    PC's on my network pull a DHCP address of 10.10.x.x and a subnet of
    255.255.0.0. These 10.10.x.x addresses get translated at the PIX and
    grab a valid IP Internet address from our class c pool of global
    addresses on the PIX.

    Are these things possible? Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Donald

    Donald Oldag, Mar 7, 2004