    I am running MS Win 98SE

    TIA,
    Cj

    Cj Wilson, May 15, 2004

  2. Cj Wilson

    Cj Wilson Guest

    Also clicking .'Modem',' network', 'add new hardware' in addition to
    'system' in Control panel will not work either .
    Any corrective ideas?
    Thanks,
    Cj

    Cj Wilson, May 16, 2004

  3. Cj Wilson

    Unk Guest

    How to Manually Restore the Windows 98/Me Registry
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=221512

    Press and hold down the "Control" key during bootup until
    the Boot Menu appears, then select "5. Command prompt only".
    At the DOS prompt type "scanreg /restore" (Note the space)
    (You may need to type "cd c:\windows\command" if you get "bad command")
    Scan through the list and see if there's a date available when all was
    working correctly. If yes, restore that one, reboot.

    Unk, May 16, 2004
  4. Cj Wilson

    Ryan 8088 Guest

    If this works, please feel free to post back as I'm curious.

    Ryan 8088, May 16, 2004
  5. Cj Wilson

    ProfGene Guest

    You might have to re-setup Windows using the CD that you installed it with.
    This will mean aftwards you might have to reinstall some programs you might
    have added or setup some things for the internet and email again.

    ProfGene, May 16, 2004