    saved, but nothing to update.)
    --
    Jim H

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIEg=?=, Aug 19, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmltIEg=?=

    Malke Guest

    Jim H wrote:

    > Help! After updating a Lan driver, my wireless lan tab totally
    > disappeared in network properties, and the system restore point failed.
    > Now I'm stuck without wireless until I can figure out how to restore the
    > wireless tab and
    > driver. Can anyone tell me how to do that? (I have the updated driver
    > saved, but nothing to update.)

    You can roll back the driver to the one that worked.
    How to Roll Back a Device Driver - http://tinyurl.com/86yb6

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Aug 19, 2006

  3. Hi
    Could be that the Windows Wireless Service WZC id now Off.
    You need to get to the Windows Services, switch it On, and set it to Auto.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 19, 2006
  4. Thank you both for the quick replies. I'm not sure what happened, but this
    morning when I turned it on, the wireless was back up! I had done a restart
    prior to that and still had no wireless, so it's a mystery to me why it's
    back. I'm just happy to be back in business. Thanks anyway for your time
    and thoughtfulness.
    --
    Jim H

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIEg=?=, Aug 19, 2006