    if not already selected, select Restart, then click on OK not one time, but
    two times for the system to shut down and restart itself. An administrator
    on the system only has to follow that procedure one time for it to work.

    Ronald R. Dodge, Jr., Jun 16, 2009

  2. I don't think a Restricted User should be able to turn off a system at all -
    perhaps this is the way the system responds if you try and circumvent a
    basic requirement?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 16, 2009

  3. According to the User Rights Shutdown policy, she has the access to shut
    down, as that is based on security groups. That therefore shoots down your
    thought process.

    Ronald R. Dodge, Jr., Jun 18, 2009
  4. Well, I was halfway out the door, Ronald, when I made that replied, perhaps
    I should've just left? Furthermore, your post says nothing of the use of the
    machine or it's environment. Ordinarily I would have asked for a more
    descriptive post - it might've also triggered the intervention of others
    since I am no expert on the matter.

    If, as an example, you have [Fast User Switching] enabled, you could
    potentially be required to turn off any possible alternative users (that the
    OS prepares for) separately before being allowed to turn off/re-boot the
    current (restricted user), whereas an Admin would be allowed imediate
    shutdown.

    Also, when setting up a security profile on XP Pro, in relation to the
    'HOME' version, if I'm not mistaken, MS recommends NOT to Edit an existing
    profile, but to make a new one from scratch, all this to prevent overlapping
    conflicts from other security related issues that was based on the original
    configuration.

    It's just a suggestion - FUS has reportedly given people here some headache,
    it doesn't have to apply to your situaation.

    Other people here might wonder if this is a single user machine or a public
    kiosk, some networking environment or something entirely different?

    Regards,

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 18, 2009