  1. Kwyjibo

    Consultant Guest

    red hat, yes

    Consultant, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Kwyjibo

    JaR Guest

    kpg opined, On 4/20/04 9:34 AM:
    Not easy. But can, do, and are thankful for what we have.
    You simply have way too many bills.
    See above. Not all have the luxury of sending their dimpled darlings to
    a private school.
    If you're lucky!
    I dunno. What is wrong with you?

    I guess the start at entry
    Pretty much where most start out. Nice for you that you were able to
    avoid that part.
    That's about right. Loyalty is an archaic concept, anyway. Besides,
    older employees cost too much. Can get two or three inexperienced for
    the price of one. Management knows that a trained chimp can do your job
    anyway, right?
    If you're lucky enough to find one, you betcha. If not, you make do with
    what you can, and be glad you're not flipping burgers or stuffing
    grocery sacks.

    JaR
    ..02¢ Thug

    JaR, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Kwyjibo

    Brat Guest

    in my military days I started out at only $18,000 CDN (back in 90)... I was
    19 and that was a lot of money for me... worked my way thru the ranks... had
    a couple of kids... got divorced... raised the kids as a single mom making
    $42,000 at time of release... work that out in American and that is only
    $31, 000 USD... still had enough to live well... had a car... ok home...
    (well as ok as military housing gets)... wasnt swamped in debt... I made an
    okay living

    Brat, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Kwyjibo

    Neil Guest

    well, as another gov worker, your in the wrong part of town kitty. I wont
    tell you what I make for the sake of our freindship...

    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  5. Kwyjibo

    Kat Guest

    I almost did the same thing :)

    My mom, divorced and 42, makes 8.50 and hour (Canadian). She pays 1000
    rent and has 3 kids. I thought army pay was great...anxious to sign up,
    at 19... til I got my job here.

    Now I'm 21 (barely) making 25 an hour, living at home scot free, and
    getting free food :) Gotta love you parents.

    Kat, Apr 20, 2004
  6. Kwyjibo

    Kat Guest

    Neil - let it rip. I'm willing to relocate to Toronto- if there's
    anything available, lol. YOu have to remember you're older, and much
    more experienced!

    Kat, Apr 20, 2004
  7. Kwyjibo

    Neil Guest

    ouch! (checks for more grey hairs)

    60k+ and getting a raise this year. but I'm south of TO. could get more
    there. But it all is a matter of what you can negotiate...

    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  8. Kwyjibo

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    you can always come here and move into my basement. provided you wiling to
    help finish it.

    :)

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 20, 2004
  9. Kwyjibo

    Kat Guest

    Only if I can decorate it too.

    Won't your wife get upset ? :)

    Kat, Apr 20, 2004
  10. Kwyjibo

    Neil Guest

    nah, she's lookin to ditch him any way...

    *running*

    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  11. Is she hawt?

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Apr 20, 2004
  12. Kwyjibo

    Consultant Guest

    i thought you were going to work for a cruise liner?

    Consultant, Apr 20, 2004
  13. Kwyjibo

    Brat Guest

    my cousin says they are begging for IT in Ottawa... he was trying to
    convince me to move there when he was down last week

    Brat, Apr 20, 2004
  14. Kwyjibo

    Brat Guest

    I've tried convincing C if I could move into his garage lol

    Brat, Apr 20, 2004
  15. Kwyjibo

    kpg Guest

    You simply have way too many bills.

    You're right. I do have too many bills. Can I send
    you some of them?
    Yes. But here its common. Plus its where my wife
    works so we get a 10% discount.
    I dunno.
    Didn't avoid it. I was just toying with the (now I realize) stupid idea
    of a career change. What was I thinking?
    NO. And please don't tell them.
    If I had stayed in the military I could retire with
    30 years in 2006 (assuming I was still alive).

    Oh well. Just remember: You can't take it with you.

    kpg

    kpg, Apr 20, 2004
  16. Kwyjibo

    Neil Guest

    are you asking her to post photos of her mom?

    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  17. Kwyjibo

    Neil Guest

    government, I LOVE IT!

    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  18. Kwyjibo

    Kat Guest

    No. Wait. How much money did you say you made?

    Kat, Apr 20, 2004
  19. Kwyjibo

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    she couldn't care less about flinguini's.

    but she will kick your ass from here to BC if you attempt to decorate the
    house.

    ;-)

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 20, 2004
  20. Kwyjibo

    Kat Guest

    Delayed until summer. Currently sweating discrete math for next 11 weeks.

    Kat, Apr 20, 2004