    Can you please tell me what kinda work you will do if paid $35,000/year?
    I feel that I'm underpaid, so checking.

    Thanks.

    Kwyjibo, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Kwyjibo

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Hi Guys,
    Manager of your local Wendy's.

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Kwyjibo

    Kwyjibo Guest

    Funny!!
    I mean in IT Profession.

    Kwyjibo, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Kwyjibo

    Consultant Guest

    i would sit at the help desk and surf porn all day and not answer one call

    Consultant, Apr 20, 2004
  5. Kwyjibo

    Hired Goon Guest

    Helpdesk or jr. system admin.

    Hired Goon, Apr 20, 2004
  6. Kwyjibo

    Guest Guest

    Personally, I wouldn't get out of bed for that sort of
    money (currently earning roughly $60k). I would imagine
    that is about entry level for a desktop support
    technician.

    Guest, Apr 20, 2004
  7. Kwyjibo

    Kwyjibo Guest

    Thanks for the replies guys!!

    Kwyjibo, Apr 20, 2004
  8. Kwyjibo

    Jtyc Guest

    i would sit at the help desk and surf porn all day and not answer one call

    You must be in a union.

    Jtyc, Apr 20, 2004
  9. Kwyjibo

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Would" implies a situation that is currently non-existant. Please change
    "would" to "am", and re-conjugate any verbs that may need it. Thank you.

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 20, 2004
  10. Kwyjibo

    Consultant Guest

    up yours
    lol

    Consultant, Apr 20, 2004
  11. Kwyjibo

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    i would just sit and my desk and keep posting on
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse and, of course, not answer one call.

    :)

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 20, 2004
  12. Kwyjibo

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    for 60K/annum, he also provides extra curicular services of a sexual nature
    on top of and over and above his IT responsibilities.

    otherwise, he would just be getting $35K/annum.

    :)

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 20, 2004
  13. Kwyjibo

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    eh, fair enough, I guess.

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 20, 2004
  14. Kwyjibo

    Neil Guest

    so then, we all know how much you're making now. Exactly $35,000

    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  15. Kwyjibo

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Please see my post earlier in this thread, at 10:40 AM

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 20, 2004
  16. Kwyjibo

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    that's canadian too. so it's about 1/2 of what buddy's makin'.

    every cert i get keeps reducing my salary by 10%. go figure...?

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 20, 2004
  17. Kwyjibo

    Neil Guest

    so it's just 10 more certs to pogey

    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  18. Kwyjibo

    Brat Guest

    Ugh! I can't ignore this post any more...

    Kwyjibo... if I were you, I would accept that pay... do your job the way you
    were hired... you can ask your employer for a raise if you feel you deserve
    it but don't be surprised if he says no. If you make too much noise and get
    fired or you quit, you will be out of a job for a while because the market
    sucks... then you will hunt for a job and may end up getting only
    $25,000/yr... if you have a job that is paying you that much, you can look
    around for higher pay but I would keep my mouth shut while looking... do
    your job... get a good reference... gain experience... EARN a pay raise...
    the economy is filled with people who are earning a lot less than you and
    deserve more and are just waiting for someone like you to step out of that
    job so they can earn more money... it is respectable pay... perhaps not as
    much as you want but the economy does not allow for greed in the IT field
    right now. Employers know that if they have a disgruntled employee, there
    are 1000's out there willing to work for your pay and less... so I would be
    careful what you wish for... using words like underpaid is not safe... some
    may look at that $35000 and wonder what the hell you are thinking... convert
    it to CDN funds so I can relate directly... and it works out to about
    $47,324/yr... that is more than I make annually and I have a lot of
    experience/training/certifications. The market just does not have the room
    for greed... you CAN be replace with someone who is willing to take whatever
    they can get to supply food for their family.

    Brat, Apr 20, 2004
  19. Kwyjibo

    Consultant Guest

    i call it bandwidth regression testing. pffft

    Consultant, Apr 20, 2004
  20. Kwyjibo

    Consultant Guest

    yes, every 3 months, i make exactly 35k US

    Consultant, Apr 20, 2004