Resizing Partition w/Partition Magic 8

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Luke O'Malley, May 7, 2008.

  1. Dear Helper,

    I have a Western Digital 250GB externa hard drive (Book). Below is a
    summary of the info available thru Partition Magic. When I try to resize
    the partition (BOOK (H)) so as to take advantage of what seems to be the
    'Unallocated' space on the drive it will not allow me to enlarge it.

    Any suggestions?

    (*) Unallocated 7.8 0.0
    0.0 None Primary

    (*) Extended 196.60. 196.60. 0.0
    None Primary

    BOOK (H:) FAT32 196.60. 172.03. 24,567.7 None
    Logical

    (*) Unallocated 41,864.7 0.0
    0.0 None Primary

    Goodwill,

    Luke

    Luke O'Malley, May 7, 2008

  2. Luke O'Malley

    pjdd Guest

    What exactly do you mean when you say that PM wouldn't let you
    enlarge H: ? What happens when you try and how did you go about it ?

    pjdd, May 7, 2008

  3. I go to 'Resize' and it brings up the drive with the 'sectors?' Listed. It
    show max size as 196592..3MB, min size as 173757.7 MB and current size as
    196699.1MB.

    It has a window that you can indicated the new size. It cannot be made than
    the max size, but the drive is supposed to be 250GB! Has western digital
    screwed around?
    Luke

    Luke O'Malley, May 7, 2008